Thread: Hospital room?
View Single Post
dollarboy1000
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th_Shell View Post
I'm relatively new here, so try not to thrash me too bad if my thoughts have already been discussed.

The line, "Day light dims leaving cold fluorescence" reminds me of sitting with someone in a hospital, watching the sun dip under the horizon and having the day light replaced with that eerie tint of fluorescent light from the ceiling bulbs.

And the next line, "Difficult to see you in this light" surely represents the notion that it's emotionally hard for him to see her in this place and in this state.

The rest I believe is him asking her what he should say to all the people (ghouls)that are haunting him with questions about his mother. It's a selfish question because he's asking for her help in her time of need. Then he offers her a suggestion or gives her an example of what he would tell them.

I hope that made at least a little sense. I'm especially in love with this snippet of lyrics because I've been in that room before. In my mind, these lyrics describe a scene that is all too familiar for me.

Am I just relating these lyrics to something personal when they mean something else all together?

dude i've srsly had the exact same image/idea of the situation since i heard the song. Great minds think alike.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Hospital room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th_Shell View Post
I'm relatively new here, so try not to thrash me too bad if my thoughts have already been discussed.

The line, "Day light dims leaving cold fluorescence" reminds me of sitting with someone in a hospital, watching the sun dip under the horizon and having the day light replaced with that eerie tint of fluorescent light from the ceiling bulbs.

And the next line, "Difficult to see you in this light" surely represents the notion that it's emotionally hard for him to see her in this place and in this state.

The rest I believe is him asking her what he should say to all the people (ghouls)that are haunting him with questions about his mother. It's a selfish question because he's asking for her help in her time of need. Then he offers her a suggestion or gives her an example of what he would tell them.

I hope that made at least a little sense. I'm especially in love with this snippet of lyrics because I've been in that room before. In my mind, these lyrics describe a scene that is all too familiar for me.

Am I just relating these lyrics to something personal when they mean something else all together?

dude i've srsly had the exact same image/idea of the situation since i heard the song. Great minds think alike.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote