View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #108
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananjuice View Post
times have change, why look back, this was the 10,000 days tour for god's sake. It was more of a timed stage show (lights,lazars, images so on). I loved this tour and Ive been to over 15 tool shows since 96/97? (anima, lat, and 10,000 days) I also went to 5 shows this tour so far including 1 durning the mini tour in NY and was blown away. I wish they didnt do any other songs other then 10,000 days and play its as it is on the cd which should of included right in two, but thats just me.

get over it, how the hell are you determaning what the band feels or their state of mind by looking at maynard's eyes, come on now get over yourself
What do you mean get over myself? Since when did being a fan of a band require you to accept anything you are given with praise and thanks? The last time I checked, unquestioning fans accepting anything they are given without critique leads to the downfall and disintegration of a band. Look at Led Zeppelin, they're last two albums were awful, yet Presence (1976) went platinum from pre-orders alone. On a related note, at least Led Zeppelin played songs from their earlier albums all the way until Bonham's death in 1980. I'm just saying that the more tool fans unquestionably accept everything they are given, the more likely that tool will follow the same tragic chronology as Led Zeppelin or even Metallica (let it be clear however, that I do not like Metallica). Not to start any fueds or anything, but I think the best thing a tool fan could do is keep the band honest and true, otherwise we may end up with an overweight, gimmicky, and cheesy reflection of what tool once was; (this is an allusion to elvis's transformation throughout the years). Anyway, I invite any replies as I'm sure they'll be in the character of telling me that I'm not the real fan, etc. :)

I'll end this with an apt paraphrase of a quote: "Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning, a non-functioning mind is clinicly dead. Believe in Nothing." From this quote I would ascertain that even tool would not recommend following them blindly or believing in the infalibility of themselves. Cheers.

Last edited by zapatista976; 10-15-2006 at 01:00 PM..
OFFLINE |