Thread: Hospital room?
View Single Post
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
07-26-2006, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th_Shell
I'm relatively new here, so try not to thrash me too bad if my thoughts have already been discussed.

The line, "Day light dims leaving cold fluorescence" reminds me of sitting with someone in a hospital, watching the sun dip under the horizon and having the day light replaced with that eerie tint of fluorescent light from the ceiling bulbs.

And the next line, "Difficult to see you in this light" surely represents the notion that it's emotionally hard for him to see her in this place and in this state.

The rest I believe is him asking her what he should say to all the people (ghouls)that are haunting him with questions about his mother. It's a selfish question because he's asking for her help in her time of need. Then he offers her a suggestion or gives her an example of what he would tell them.

I hope that made at least a little sense. I'm especially in love with this snippet of lyrics because I've been in that room before. In my mind, these lyrics describe a scene that is all too familiar for me.

Am I just relating these lyrics to something personal when they mean something else all together?
this line is a beautiful piece of lyrical expression and perfection. of course nobody wants to be in that place. i've almost been there (indirectly) when my grandfather died. I knew he was sick (fuckin Cancer) and it was only a matter of time before it was the end of him. i did'nt really get the chance to say goodbye and i was affraid of what my friends and school mate would ask me off when i'd tell them. it was'nt fun at all
Old 07-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277
Re: Hospital room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th_Shell
I'm relatively new here, so try not to thrash me too bad if my thoughts have already been discussed.

The line, "Day light dims leaving cold fluorescence" reminds me of sitting with someone in a hospital, watching the sun dip under the horizon and having the day light replaced with that eerie tint of fluorescent light from the ceiling bulbs.

And the next line, "Difficult to see you in this light" surely represents the notion that it's emotionally hard for him to see her in this place and in this state.

The rest I believe is him asking her what he should say to all the people (ghouls)that are haunting him with questions about his mother. It's a selfish question because he's asking for her help in her time of need. Then he offers her a suggestion or gives her an example of what he would tell them.

I hope that made at least a little sense. I'm especially in love with this snippet of lyrics because I've been in that room before. In my mind, these lyrics describe a scene that is all too familiar for me.

Am I just relating these lyrics to something personal when they mean something else all together?
this line is a beautiful piece of lyrical expression and perfection. of course nobody wants to be in that place. i've almost been there (indirectly) when my grandfather died. I knew he was sick (fuckin Cancer) and it was only a matter of time before it was the end of him. i did'nt really get the chance to say goodbye and i was affraid of what my friends and school mate would ask me off when i'd tell them. it was'nt fun at all
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote