Thread: Hospital room?
View Single Post
Assimilate13's Avatar Assimilate13
07-24-2006, 04:15 PM

I, too, tend to think of WFM being written/conceived in a hospital room for the reasons stated above. 10,000 days, however, makes me think of the actual funeral (the religious imagery at the beginning/througout = in a church; "The ignorant flippants/fibbers/whatever in the congregation gather around spewing sympathy" = the others at the service; "difficult to see you in this light" = another possible interpretation of this line, that is, emotionally painful to see you this way as opposed to the literal difficulty in the stale, sickly light of a hospital room). I find it very interesting and fruitful to think of this/these song(s) in this way, to consider the actual scenarios that inspired it/them...
I'm pretty new here, so sorry if this has all been said before...
Old 07-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Hospital room?

I, too, tend to think of WFM being written/conceived in a hospital room for the reasons stated above. 10,000 days, however, makes me think of the actual funeral (the religious imagery at the beginning/througout = in a church; "The ignorant flippants/fibbers/whatever in the congregation gather around spewing sympathy" = the others at the service; "difficult to see you in this light" = another possible interpretation of this line, that is, emotionally painful to see you this way as opposed to the literal difficulty in the stale, sickly light of a hospital room). I find it very interesting and fruitful to think of this/these song(s) in this way, to consider the actual scenarios that inspired it/them...
I'm pretty new here, so sorry if this has all been said before...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote