View Single Post
etc43's Avatar etc43
04-22-2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikeme
I'm not truly happy with the album, but either way I can't wait til may 2nd cos either way it'll end this bulshit.
No, it won’t. As soon as the CD’s hit the shelves May 2, if it’s the same thing that leaked, people will simply start the cycle all over again. They’ll start speculating about a SECOND album to be released a few months away, as aggressive as promised. They’ll rearrange letters in Blair’s and Kabir’s posts until they forget what the original posts were. They’ll start looking for the REAL decoy album (despite the oxymoron) that Blair mentioned a while ago. Not to mention the fact that people will start wondering about the Live DVD all over again. It seems to me that people come up with these conspiracy theories out of nothing but boredom, so as long as the boredom lingers, so will the speculation. I only recently joined this forum, but I had been watching the 10,000 Days section for a while and watched how the hoax evolved. First people said, “Wait for an official track listing to be posted.” When it was, and people were unhappy, people said to wait for the art. Then it was “Wait for April 1,” then 17, and now it’s May 2. But after that people will just pick other dates on which to hinge their unlikely (albeit possible) theories. Sure, it’s fun to speculate, I’m not against people coming up with these theories, and all the same thoughts about hoaxes have crossed my mind, too. The problem is that 90% of the people on this board are 100% certain that their theories are correct, when in reality, this is Tool, and there's a possibility that none of us have any idea what the hell they are planning.

Shutting up.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: A little logic....or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikeme
I'm not truly happy with the album, but either way I can't wait til may 2nd cos either way it'll end this bulshit.
No, it won’t. As soon as the CD’s hit the shelves May 2, if it’s the same thing that leaked, people will simply start the cycle all over again. They’ll start speculating about a SECOND album to be released a few months away, as aggressive as promised. They’ll rearrange letters in Blair’s and Kabir’s posts until they forget what the original posts were. They’ll start looking for the REAL decoy album (despite the oxymoron) that Blair mentioned a while ago. Not to mention the fact that people will start wondering about the Live DVD all over again. It seems to me that people come up with these conspiracy theories out of nothing but boredom, so as long as the boredom lingers, so will the speculation. I only recently joined this forum, but I had been watching the 10,000 Days section for a while and watched how the hoax evolved. First people said, “Wait for an official track listing to be posted.” When it was, and people were unhappy, people said to wait for the art. Then it was “Wait for April 1,” then 17, and now it’s May 2. But after that people will just pick other dates on which to hinge their unlikely (albeit possible) theories. Sure, it’s fun to speculate, I’m not against people coming up with these theories, and all the same thoughts about hoaxes have crossed my mind, too. The problem is that 90% of the people on this board are 100% certain that their theories are correct, when in reality, this is Tool, and there's a possibility that none of us have any idea what the hell they are planning.

Shutting up.