Thread: Why $70?
View Single Post
eulogys's Avatar eulogys
04-22-2006, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgertool
You have to think about the cost to put the show on. Even a bare bones instruments and two-spot light show is going to be expensive to put on in a venue that only holds around 2000 people. Therefore the few privileged people who get to see this show have to share more of the burden. It is also a way to filter out diehard fans from the casual ones. When the arena tour comes, I would bet money that the tickets will be back down to around $40. The more people sharing the costs-the lower the price. Tool has never been one to rape their fans on the cost of tickets or merchandise. Get excited about the possibility of an intimate show with the greatest live band (in my opinion) in the world.
That's pretty much right on the money as far as why the tickets are so fucking expensive. As for the arena tour, I'm guessing the tickets will be in the 50-60 range when all your fee's and charges are added to the face value of the tickets. Most of the Lateralus shows I saw cost me in the low-mid $40's. I think the cost of a ticket went up at least 15-20% in the last 4 years.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:29 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206
Re: Why $70?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgertool
You have to think about the cost to put the show on. Even a bare bones instruments and two-spot light show is going to be expensive to put on in a venue that only holds around 2000 people. Therefore the few privileged people who get to see this show have to share more of the burden. It is also a way to filter out diehard fans from the casual ones. When the arena tour comes, I would bet money that the tickets will be back down to around $40. The more people sharing the costs-the lower the price. Tool has never been one to rape their fans on the cost of tickets or merchandise. Get excited about the possibility of an intimate show with the greatest live band (in my opinion) in the world.
That's pretty much right on the money as far as why the tickets are so fucking expensive. As for the arena tour, I'm guessing the tickets will be in the 50-60 range when all your fee's and charges are added to the face value of the tickets. Most of the Lateralus shows I saw cost me in the low-mid $40's. I think the cost of a ticket went up at least 15-20% in the last 4 years.
OFFLINE |