Thread: Why $70?
View Single Post
badgertool
04-22-2006, 06:08 AM

You have to think about the cost to put the show on. Even a bare bones instruments and two-spot light show is going to be expensive to put on in a venue that only holds around 2000 people. Therefore the few privileged people who get to see this show have to share more of the burden. It is also a way to filter out diehard fans from the casual ones. When the arena tour comes, I would bet money that the tickets will be back down to around $40. The more people sharing the costs-the lower the price. Tool has never been one to rape their fans on the cost of tickets or merchandise. Get excited about the possibility of an intimate show with the greatest live band (in my opinion) in the world.

Last edited by badgertool; 04-22-2006 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: I caught mispellings
Old 04-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Why $70?

You have to think about the cost to put the show on. Even a bare bones instruments and two-spot light show is going to be expensive to put on in a venue that only holds around 2000 people. Therefore the few privileged people who get to see this show have to share more of the burden. It is also a way to filter out diehard fans from the casual ones. When the arena tour comes, I would bet money that the tickets will be back down to around $40. The more people sharing the costs-the lower the price. Tool has never been one to rape their fans on the cost of tickets or merchandise. Get excited about the possibility of an intimate show with the greatest live band (in my opinion) in the world.

Last edited by badgertool; 04-22-2006 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: I caught mispellings
OFFLINE |