View Single Post
andys311
11-18-2007, 11:32 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. I was on the floor, 3rd person back from the gate, and security was really mellow. A lot of people around me were smoking, which I would prefer if they didn't but its whatever. I was able to snap a few pictures with my phone and security didn't care like they did when I saw them in Birmingham. In my opinion they played flawlessly! Highlight of the night for me was Lateralus. That song gives me chills! Flood was absolutely amazing. Danny's drums sounded like a cannon going off, it was incredible! The light show, as always was second to none. Maynard is always fun to watch, his dancing is awesome. Adam seems very focused when he plays. This was my second time seeing them and this time I was able to watch Adam more closely and it seemed like he wasn't into it all that much. But after the show when they huddled together he came to the end of the stage and gave a double fist pump and a "rock on" face, so I'm pretty sure he was into it! Justin and Danny, they speak for themselves, truly amazing musicians.

Some of the people around me were total douche bags. One guy was talking about how Maynard was "totally coked out right now." Another dude was possibly the angriest individual on the planet. When people would crowd surf or mosh and he was to get bumped or pushed he would absolutely flip out! He grabbed a crowd surfer, through him on the floor and started screaming at him...kinda scared me a little bit!

All in all it was an awesome show! Hopefully I get to see them again sometime in the future!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. I was on the floor, 3rd person back from the gate, and security was really mellow. A lot of people around me were smoking, which I would prefer if they didn't but its whatever. I was able to snap a few pictures with my phone and security didn't care like they did when I saw them in Birmingham. In my opinion they played flawlessly! Highlight of the night for me was Lateralus. That song gives me chills! Flood was absolutely amazing. Danny's drums sounded like a cannon going off, it was incredible! The light show, as always was second to none. Maynard is always fun to watch, his dancing is awesome. Adam seems very focused when he plays. This was my second time seeing them and this time I was able to watch Adam more closely and it seemed like he wasn't into it all that much. But after the show when they huddled together he came to the end of the stage and gave a double fist pump and a "rock on" face, so I'm pretty sure he was into it! Justin and Danny, they speak for themselves, truly amazing musicians.

Some of the people around me were total douche bags. One guy was talking about how Maynard was "totally coked out right now." Another dude was possibly the angriest individual on the planet. When people would crowd surf or mosh and he was to get bumped or pushed he would absolutely flip out! He grabbed a crowd surfer, through him on the floor and started screaming at him...kinda scared me a little bit!

All in all it was an awesome show! Hopefully I get to see them again sometime in the future!
OFFLINE |