View Single Post
TheDude420
11-18-2007, 11:15 AM

Nice show. I was very suprised at the amount of security for the people sitting in the 100 level seats. I was 1 row from the floor in sec 112 and there was no less than 3 security guards, who took their job very seriously by the way, in my direct and peripheral line of sight. Not quite as bad as the May show in Southaven Mississippi, but...

Setlist was as expected but very nice. Alot of energy came from that stage last nite and i appreciate that as opposed to some shows with a lifeless Maynard and Adam (Justin and Danny are always having fun and rocking). I was really hoping for something special when he said "Are you ready to go big or go home", then when he held up the 9 and 7 during lateralus, i was thinking we gona get something from Aenima circa 1997, say Pushit (which i saw in Baton Rouge) or third eye....but no. Flood was really sweet tho...really cool intro.

Stinkfist had a really cool jam in the middle of it that was unlike any other time ive seen it live. The drummer for trans am with danny was awesome, they were both breaking it down.

The people around me were really cool, save for the peon security guard, and i have no complaints other than this one, and this is a subjective rant, but i really hate Vicarious...i mean i absolutely detest that song except for the part that goes..."the universe is hostile, so impossible..." It's my least fav Tool song by very far and a terrible closer.

Overall a really good show, will be the last i get to see until next tour if there is another one, and i really enjoyed it...good job guys, thanks.

Btw: i really like rosetta stoned live. all 3 times i have seen it i enjoy it more and more i think it is meant to be played live b/c it translates so well from the studio version

Last edited by TheDude420; 11-18-2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Nice show. I was very suprised at the amount of security for the people sitting in the 100 level seats. I was 1 row from the floor in sec 112 and there was no less than 3 security guards, who took their job very seriously by the way, in my direct and peripheral line of sight. Not quite as bad as the May show in Southaven Mississippi, but...

Setlist was as expected but very nice. Alot of energy came from that stage last nite and i appreciate that as opposed to some shows with a lifeless Maynard and Adam (Justin and Danny are always having fun and rocking). I was really hoping for something special when he said "Are you ready to go big or go home", then when he held up the 9 and 7 during lateralus, i was thinking we gona get something from Aenima circa 1997, say Pushit (which i saw in Baton Rouge) or third eye....but no. Flood was really sweet tho...really cool intro.

Stinkfist had a really cool jam in the middle of it that was unlike any other time ive seen it live. The drummer for trans am with danny was awesome, they were both breaking it down.

The people around me were really cool, save for the peon security guard, and i have no complaints other than this one, and this is a subjective rant, but i really hate Vicarious...i mean i absolutely detest that song except for the part that goes..."the universe is hostile, so impossible..." It's my least fav Tool song by very far and a terrible closer.

Overall a really good show, will be the last i get to see until next tour if there is another one, and i really enjoyed it...good job guys, thanks.

Btw: i really like rosetta stoned live. all 3 times i have seen it i enjoy it more and more i think it is meant to be played live b/c it translates so well from the studio version

Last edited by TheDude420; 11-18-2007 at 11:22 AM..
OFFLINE |