View Single Post
kidinmind
09-07-2007, 03:26 PM

Actually i was kinda disappointed while i was standing in the queue trying to get "inside" eventually. It took the security guards ages for searching everybody from top to toe, in order not to let any cameras in. What i've heard about tool was their punctuality so i was really anxious by the possibility of being the "unpunctual" one and to have to listen to the first songs in the waiting line.

Though i got into the area just 20 or 25 minutes before the show, i found myself in the first row where i could see the whole stage especially Adam Jones really very clearly. The setlist was about the same as in the other countries. And Maynard wasn't talkative. He just said a couple of words including "Hello Turkey" and "Thank you". He was also drinking and sometimes handing the bottle to Justin or Danny. He mentioned about a celebration and trying to make a deal about not mentioning about it :) But i could not hear his words properly since it was difficult to hear him even during the songs. I was kinda lip-reading and thank to my memory about the lyrics, i could sing along.

The laser show and also the visual effects were great. But i could not understand what that plant was doing in the middle of the stage? And i could not understand why they didnt come back to the stage since the crowd went really wild and insisted on clapping and cheering for them to come back at the end of the show.

The show lasted for one and a half hours. It was kinda short, though it was the best show I've ever seen. He didn't say a word about coming back to turkey. I hope we can see them again sometime soon.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/09/07 - Istanbul, Turkey - Kurucesme Amphitheatre

Actually i was kinda disappointed while i was standing in the queue trying to get "inside" eventually. It took the security guards ages for searching everybody from top to toe, in order not to let any cameras in. What i've heard about tool was their punctuality so i was really anxious by the possibility of being the "unpunctual" one and to have to listen to the first songs in the waiting line.

Though i got into the area just 20 or 25 minutes before the show, i found myself in the first row where i could see the whole stage especially Adam Jones really very clearly. The setlist was about the same as in the other countries. And Maynard wasn't talkative. He just said a couple of words including "Hello Turkey" and "Thank you". He was also drinking and sometimes handing the bottle to Justin or Danny. He mentioned about a celebration and trying to make a deal about not mentioning about it :) But i could not hear his words properly since it was difficult to hear him even during the songs. I was kinda lip-reading and thank to my memory about the lyrics, i could sing along.

The laser show and also the visual effects were great. But i could not understand what that plant was doing in the middle of the stage? And i could not understand why they didnt come back to the stage since the crowd went really wild and insisted on clapping and cheering for them to come back at the end of the show.

The show lasted for one and a half hours. It was kinda short, though it was the best show I've ever seen. He didn't say a word about coming back to turkey. I hope we can see them again sometime soon.
OFFLINE |