View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

My 5th Tool show (2nd for this tour). First and foremost, Tool is always amazing to witness live, and I'd take any chance I could get to see them anywhere. So, any negatives I have to say are miniscule compared to the positives.

That being said, I think the Civic Center deprived some people of the full "Tool experience". The first thing I said when I got to my seat was "Where the F are the video screens?" I couldn't believe I was going to see Tool without the trademark visuals on either side of the stage (sorry, but the thin video strip behind the stage just doesn't cut it for me.) Also, doesn't Maynard usually get a platform to stand on so people can see him up there? I was on the floor and could barely see the top half of any of the band members. I have to say, though, the laser show was tons better in this closed arena than the ampitheatre in Camden last week. The cloud effect above the crowd was breathtaking.

I've got to agree with many others that the bass was way too loud. This was especially noticeable durring Isis' set. I feel bad for those not familiar with their CD quality sound because you couldn't hear all the intricacies of the guitars. When they had the double bass drum kick in, it almost hurt my ears. I recommend anyone not impressed to give their studio sound a listen. Honest...they are really talented.

Sorry to complain, but after seeing them so many times, its hard not to nitpick. My cousin was a first timer and after the show he said, "Three words. Holy Fucking Shit!" So, I'd say they did pretty well. Once again, Lateralus stole the show for me. I knew the extra lights were going to kick in and I was still amazed by them. It's my favorite live song of this tour. The sped up middle of Schism is just plain awesome. Danny Carey is hiding 2 extra arms somewhere.....he HAS to be. Everything else I'd like to say has already been said. I love Tool. Next stop Jersey. See you there.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
I'd just like to finish by giving a shout out to the two balding pear-shaped idiots wearing white tool shirts who were told to get off their chairs about ten times, dude, if you're reading this... you're just not supposed to stand the chairs. maybe pepper spray is a better deterrent than a flashlight in the face?
LOL, those two drunk idiots were almost directly in front of me. It seems like I can't avoid these people lately. I thought they looked like pears too, haha! Twice I nudged the guy to get down because he was blocking everyone. He just would look at me, shrug his shoulders, and grin. I had to wave over a yellow-shirt to shine the light in his face. I got a kick out of them looking at each other and singing along to Aenima though. "...followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits." Is the end near? ;)
OFFLINE |