View Single Post
Mindwarper
12-12-2007, 03:20 PM

This was my 7th Tool show and the 1st they have played Flood since the 98 tour. Which also had Tim Alexander on the oncore. Jello Biafra was a surprise. The whole set was fantastic. Much better sound then the Oakland show. I had a great time and I didn't see anything bad happen. It just took forever to get home because of the bridge work. I would like to see Jerk Off back in the setlist, but thats me wanting more older songs. Tim was fantastic in the drum off. I love his timbali and tom style. Very distinctive. I met him once and a party (didn't know it was him) and mentioned the 98 Tool show with Tim playing on the last two songs. He said one and I didn't understand what he meant. Later my friend asked what I was talking about with Tim. I was laughing. I was talking to Tim about Tim. Later I got a video bootleg of the show and recognized him. My vision isn't so good. I had a vague recollection of him on stage when I was talking to him. I thought it was a funny story. When I watched the tape, I realized that he and the Melvin drummer were only on Opiate, not flood as well. So I finally understood what he meant by "one". Anyway, what a great show. The intermission was a perfect time to meet my neighbors and share a bowl. To the cute female next to me with a lighter...thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 11 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic

This was my 7th Tool show and the 1st they have played Flood since the 98 tour. Which also had Tim Alexander on the oncore. Jello Biafra was a surprise. The whole set was fantastic. Much better sound then the Oakland show. I had a great time and I didn't see anything bad happen. It just took forever to get home because of the bridge work. I would like to see Jerk Off back in the setlist, but thats me wanting more older songs. Tim was fantastic in the drum off. I love his timbali and tom style. Very distinctive. I met him once and a party (didn't know it was him) and mentioned the 98 Tool show with Tim playing on the last two songs. He said one and I didn't understand what he meant. Later my friend asked what I was talking about with Tim. I was laughing. I was talking to Tim about Tim. Later I got a video bootleg of the show and recognized him. My vision isn't so good. I had a vague recollection of him on stage when I was talking to him. I thought it was a funny story. When I watched the tape, I realized that he and the Melvin drummer were only on Opiate, not flood as well. So I finally understood what he meant by "one". Anyway, what a great show. The intermission was a perfect time to meet my neighbors and share a bowl. To the cute female next to me with a lighter...thanks.
OFFLINE |