View Single Post
sarahethan
07-16-2010, 04:54 PM

Tool is absolutely the best band going right now and have been for quite some time. I have seen them many times, and this show, while not better overall than any other, was as good.

Set list: I thought the set list was awesome and overall the best set they have played. 46 & 2 was definitely my favorite. Overall, I had two "look at my friend" moments. The band played extremely well all night with only a few minor misses. Anyone notice Danny lose a stick during Jambi and quickly recover? That was the only mishap I saw him have. I certainly would have preferred another song rather than the drum-off; that did nothing for me. Also, did the show feel like it ended too abruptly for anyone else but me? As soon as I was back into the show after the drum-off and the finish of Lateralus, they went right into AEnima and then it was over. I think Aenima is a great finisher but there needed to be at least a one-song cushion after Lateralus.

Band: The band was certainly "into" this show more than any other I have seen. Maynard was moving throughout, seemed interested in what was going on around him. I loved the wine drinking. The other boys interacted often with each other and the crowd.

The "show" besides the music: The lights etc. were the best of all my shows. I do wish the lights on the riser covered the entire riser rather than only under the drums. It makes the effect seem cut off. Anyone else notice?

Sound: We were in section G, row 16, which are great seats in that venue. The vocals sounded strong. There were times where the sound became mushy and a bit distorted. Did anyone else in that section notice? The sound just did not seem as clear and crisp as the other times I have seen them, even in that venue.

Crowd: Seemed into the show for the most part, but a bit mellower than expected.

Overall it was a great show and I had a let down today when I left work and thought, "Damn, I do not have a TOOL show to go to." I cannot wait for new music and another tour.

Last edited by sarahethan; 07-16-2010 at 05:23 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.15.2010 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

Tool is absolutely the best band going right now and have been for quite some time. I have seen them many times, and this show, while not better overall than any other, was as good.

Set list: I thought the set list was awesome and overall the best set they have played. 46 & 2 was definitely my favorite. Overall, I had two "look at my friend" moments. The band played extremely well all night with only a few minor misses. Anyone notice Danny lose a stick during Jambi and quickly recover? That was the only mishap I saw him have. I certainly would have preferred another song rather than the drum-off; that did nothing for me. Also, did the show feel like it ended too abruptly for anyone else but me? As soon as I was back into the show after the drum-off and the finish of Lateralus, they went right into AEnima and then it was over. I think Aenima is a great finisher but there needed to be at least a one-song cushion after Lateralus.

Band: The band was certainly "into" this show more than any other I have seen. Maynard was moving throughout, seemed interested in what was going on around him. I loved the wine drinking. The other boys interacted often with each other and the crowd.

The "show" besides the music: The lights etc. were the best of all my shows. I do wish the lights on the riser covered the entire riser rather than only under the drums. It makes the effect seem cut off. Anyone else notice?

Sound: We were in section G, row 16, which are great seats in that venue. The vocals sounded strong. There were times where the sound became mushy and a bit distorted. Did anyone else in that section notice? The sound just did not seem as clear and crisp as the other times I have seen them, even in that venue.

Crowd: Seemed into the show for the most part, but a bit mellower than expected.

Overall it was a great show and I had a let down today when I left work and thought, "Damn, I do not have a TOOL show to go to." I cannot wait for new music and another tour.

Last edited by sarahethan; 07-16-2010 at 05:23 PM..
OFFLINE |