Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ
06-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62827 View Post
I'm probably alone on this but I actually want to see Tool go the more experimental route versus turning back to AEnima and Lateralus for inspiration. I feel like they've gotten that message across for that era of music and it landed at such a crucial time for society (both albums). We all know Maynard can't do screams like he used to, so trying to write music with such passion and anger wouldn't sound nearly as good. I actually like 10K Days as I feel it's Tool's most accessible album, if anything for not being as long winded or heavy as their previous albums, this ones definitely more focused on other things and if their next album can sound as good as 10K Days then I am not gonna complain in the slightest.
agreed.

i can see them going down the jambi/intension road. songs along those lines.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #314
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62827 View Post
I'm probably alone on this but I actually want to see Tool go the more experimental route versus turning back to AEnima and Lateralus for inspiration. I feel like they've gotten that message across for that era of music and it landed at such a crucial time for society (both albums). We all know Maynard can't do screams like he used to, so trying to write music with such passion and anger wouldn't sound nearly as good. I actually like 10K Days as I feel it's Tool's most accessible album, if anything for not being as long winded or heavy as their previous albums, this ones definitely more focused on other things and if their next album can sound as good as 10K Days then I am not gonna complain in the slightest.
agreed.

i can see them going down the jambi/intension road. songs along those lines.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote