View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #95
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 995
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
I made this little animation from two photos I took on my phone. I was holding it above my head, but this is pretty close to the view I got of the stage, and I was one of the taller people at the gig. I don't remember what song was playing when the lasers were going off, but they were cool. I haven't seen many photos from GA, but one of mine turned out kind of ok.

Before / After

^Check it out... It trips me out to watch it, not to mention brings back memories of a great day / night.
very fucking cool good work

Tool were awesome, i had a really good time! although that fuckin cunt on the roof distracted me during 10,000 days (the part we all know), but really who knows, even though the dude was fucking around and having a good time, it's not hard for him to slip, and i'm sure he was intoxicated to a pretty stupid fucking level, i thought/hoped maynard was going to say something after the song...i just love hearing the guy talk (it's down to such a minimum)

Also during rosetta stoned some guy from SYN fm came up to me n my mate and started giving us information about the station (numbers/mobile)....my stupid mate got stuck in a conversation with him and were annoying the people around us...the dude was annoying, i was thankful he went...but straight on to annoy some other unlucky people to be trapped in a conversation with him...

This was definently better than BDO...even though we missed out on one song (i would have liked to hear swamp song again)...although my BDO experience wasn't bad, it was pretty laxed (close to the D barrier as well) this setting was far better and the lawn IMO worked pretty well, i was suprised with the good view of the band i got..even my gf who is smaller than me got a pretty decent view

this concert felt a lot more natural and was better than the roger waters concert i saw the next night. Can't wait til' november/december....i hope they add 1 pushit, 1 eulogy and 1 D/R/T to the setlist....

Last edited by dirtyepic; 02-04-2007 at 02:34 PM..
OFFLINE |