View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #90
(tdn $upporter) - S.O.B: Save Our Bluths

Bincount™: 33
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

So then, my 6th Tool show of the 10,000 Days tours...

I gotta say the venue was pretty damn fantastic, and standin back on the lawn (though 2nd row in the middle was pretty decent indeed) was not as crap as I thought it might initially...really got to appreciate the lasers and all. The shows I saw in Europe last year all had me placed on the floor, and I never got to see them from afar...so yeah. the sound was GREAT...the bass was not overpowering as I had experienced in my last 2 shows in München and Stuttgart, where I could feel it rattle around in my rib cage!

As for the guys themselves, I think maynard sounded much better than he did compared to the last 2 shows I went to...(and thankfully KILLED Lateralus and Vicarious on the night)...Wings/10,000 Days was another highlight...though marred with the idiot who climbed the roof and distracted half the lawn area crowd! I mean it was quite entertaining, but why the fuck did he have to go and ruin the most emotional song of the night...douchebag! Ah well...it was great anyway...the only minor 'complaint': they played 1 less song than they usually do...like somethin from Undertow or Opiate is usually played, or the Pot...so yeah...

can't wait till they return next summer! And hopefully it'll be back at Rod Laver Arena or some other Ticketek operated venue so we can avoid Ticketmaster's debacle again!

'what happens after you figure out the meaning of life?...The List #43

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |