View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 AM   #84
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

the sound was UNFORGIVABLE

nice mix, could hear everything ok. was WAYYYYYYY to quiet.

i was waiting for stinkfist, hearing adams feedback waiting to throw my head into that first kick drum and feel it pounding my chest. sounded like i was listening to it though a cd. My mates could talk to me at normal volume, couldn't really sing along as people could not hear maynard when i did, had a phone call halfway through (the person could hear me clearly) all from 10 metres behind the barrier. <--- WTF!!!. tool as usual were insane. awesome show, will love them forever but the volume was a MAJOR letdown. seen them twice before this at indoor arenas and they were miles better due to the sound. crowd was PLacid as but the sound did seem to pump up a little for the last 3 songs ( which were the best) and the crowd kicked in as well. would have been an awesome gig had it have been louder. Sidney music bowl - next time please dont use the same PA you did for carols by candlelight. apparently gold tickets were mad as tho, it was loud as all hell.

I have been to countless shows indoor and out, quietest one ever. cant feel the vibe if you cant hear the god damn music. will not see tool there ever again unless i get gold and i doubt i will see any band there. I just hope when they come back in december they play at rod laver and smash up the volume.

Maybe that way you wont have to climb onto the top of the roof to hear the band.

Light show was unreal tho, and for all those idiots laying to maynard about his singing, i am a singer and know all too well that you cant be on your game night in night out, especially after 15 years of touring like he has. he was far from his best but still blew me away. if his voice is going its only because he sings harder then almost anyone on the planet. althought maybe he was just sick or something. so choke on one. how about you scream your lungs out 200 nights a year for 15 years, Ill sit on my ass watching tv and wristing off for the same amount of time and then pay you out because you were not up to my standards.

for anyone who says the volume was loud enough ( excluding gold ticket holders) you havent seen many bands live.

peace out
OFFLINE |