View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #35
Syd
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8
Re: The meaning to Parabol(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
It amazes me the level of stupidity and stupid people there are in the world. I'm not sure if 95% of them are on this forum or simply because I stop in now and then to read or post a comment. But it seems overwhelmingly obvious that there's maybe 1 educated human being out of every 10 on these forums. How has the world come to lack so much common sense. I mean, I just posted a minute ago about somebody who spelled "as in having patients" under "The Patient" song. Jesus christ, it's fucking spelled PATIENCE. I mean, how hard is that? And there are a lot of excellant theories on here behind Tool's music but some people just need to lay the fucking crack pipe down. Parabol(a) is not about being a baby inside the womb talking to the mother. As the other guy said stop over-analyzing shit so much. Yes there music has depth and beauty within but it's also a lot more simpler than that. Aeon Blue Apocalypse for example, Aeon was the name of Adams dog people. Half the shit they make up is just fucking around but worded so well. Take Jambi for example. I think they just get an idea started and then they research it so that they have a good understanding and then Maynard is just a really great artist in his ability to multilayer his lyrics without specifically detaling one particular theme. Ok, I'm done...some of you people just need to smarten up.

I pretty much stopped reading/posting all together on this site after noticing the 1 in 10 ratio myself because the 9 are over the top to deal with at times (the bin). But I'm a 1 and you’re anything but buddy. I made it very clear my thoughts were a personal interpretation, not a "hey, this is what Maynard meant guys" comment. Why does that bug you so much. Its just a thought, an idea to share Mr. Opinion Nazi.