View Single Post
Freshspence
04-28-2007, 07:48 AM

nothing new here - im completely mixed on emotion. as i told my wife, its mentally frustrating to walk away from a show thats so much better than any thing else out there today and be dissappointed, but thats how it was for me. pearl is great - great view, great sound, great atmosphere (i missed the bunnies though). stage and visuals and the overall performance is not to be missed, but after lateralus the dissappointment sank in when i knew what was coming (vicarious, aenima). i was really hoping they would bring the heat last night being the first show back - a new setlist, some extended jams, rarities, covers, something. they have an incredible arsenal of sound to unleash and i'll admit it sucked hearing the same songs i heard last summer/fall. but again, they put on one the best live shows via their music, energy, and visual innovations, so i will continue to go see them as much as possible. and ill keep out hope tonight brings more than the expected opiate/swamp/RI2 swap out with sober/rosetta/46&2. but deep down i think thats all the variation we'll get for tonight. im sure we'll see some new changes throughout the tour (as in 2002 the set list had some slight evolution throughout). but i was so stoked for this weekend to be the ultimate in my tool experience and while it was still probably the best overall of my 8 shows to date (due mainly to the intimate size of the Pearl and sound quality), but hearing the same songs left some dissapointment in my mouth, especially after MJK's verbal tease about live performances.

Anyway, as its been alluded, this might be the final tour, so im going to continue seeing as much as i can, and i will enjoy and appreciate the experiences they provide. and ill treasure the past shows and hearing the alternate pushit in '98 and third eye in 2002. those will always stand out.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/27 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

nothing new here - im completely mixed on emotion. as i told my wife, its mentally frustrating to walk away from a show thats so much better than any thing else out there today and be dissappointed, but thats how it was for me. pearl is great - great view, great sound, great atmosphere (i missed the bunnies though). stage and visuals and the overall performance is not to be missed, but after lateralus the dissappointment sank in when i knew what was coming (vicarious, aenima). i was really hoping they would bring the heat last night being the first show back - a new setlist, some extended jams, rarities, covers, something. they have an incredible arsenal of sound to unleash and i'll admit it sucked hearing the same songs i heard last summer/fall. but again, they put on one the best live shows via their music, energy, and visual innovations, so i will continue to go see them as much as possible. and ill keep out hope tonight brings more than the expected opiate/swamp/RI2 swap out with sober/rosetta/46&2. but deep down i think thats all the variation we'll get for tonight. im sure we'll see some new changes throughout the tour (as in 2002 the set list had some slight evolution throughout). but i was so stoked for this weekend to be the ultimate in my tool experience and while it was still probably the best overall of my 8 shows to date (due mainly to the intimate size of the Pearl and sound quality), but hearing the same songs left some dissapointment in my mouth, especially after MJK's verbal tease about live performances.

Anyway, as its been alluded, this might be the final tour, so im going to continue seeing as much as i can, and i will enjoy and appreciate the experiences they provide. and ill treasure the past shows and hearing the alternate pushit in '98 and third eye in 2002. those will always stand out.
OFFLINE |