View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #56
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 35
Re: message to the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria
There was some interview with maynard I read recently, the interviewer asked him something along the lines of 'Do you read what fans say you music is about?' and he responded 'GOD No!'. I'd believe it too. I highly doubt he wants to get absorbed in any of it. Adam on the other hand, i'd believe he'd be more apt to check out a fan opinion or two (not necessarily here) once in a great while.
Thanks for explaining, thanks to Bogs as well. That is an interesting thing. For example let's take Opeth. Many of you probably know them, while their first albums might get a tad bit cheesy at times, their recent work presents a really solid level of skill and artistry. However, they've kept a little forum running, where you could directly ask a few questions to Akerfeldt (the leader/vocalist), and in most cases when the topic had some sense Mikael would be into the conversation - that is, even though his guitarwork causes a jawdrop, even if he can growl like a beast and sing beautifully equally well - what really makes him a man worth following is how he can maintain being down-to-earth.
Maynard without the media wouldn't be half the man, I think. After some hard work he can do his fav job, there from the king's mountain view in Arizona. And fans, they're fun to play with, they will follow closely and grasp every word anyway :)
How about others - I'm curious. Mostly about Justin, he's not really into all this media stuff. Danny makes me crazy with his website - I love his playing, but all this magick stuff - I can't take seriously he takes it. Can a trick be so elaborate? I don't know.