View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #133
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: maynard's undertow vocals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
A hardcore christian like that has the same reaction to anything that isn't the bible or a well-known christian evangelist. I had a friend who's mom thought video games were sinful. Does that mean my Xbox is a metaphysical entity capable of helping me change myself into into my ideal self? No, it does not. Your entire argument is a sharpshooter fallacy and thus bunk. Nothing you have to say is of any value.
Of no value enough to get you to continue to respond?

Your example has no association to this discussion, do your homework, what made your friend’s mom think video games were sinful? Perhaps the violence associated to most video games? Or, the obvious waste of time?

Like I said, I agree with you, coming from one person to another who has obviously had experiences with Jung's theories. Which is exactly my point his theories have to be experienced, so the challenge becomes how do you explain his theories to people who stigmatize the theory before the experience? As I agree, again, that most "hardcore Christians" have a clear filter in which they take in information, but again so does everyone, so to negate something that seems very real to them only gives them more reason to believe in their stereo type.

Listen, a discussion will always go in circles as long as each member is arguing two different facts, and for someone who calls psychology a science you are very abstract in this discussion, arguing opinions over facts will always be a losing battle. When you are only willing to see your side of the spectrum only makes you the ignorant one.

Last edited by RachJacob; 03-09-2009 at 08:39 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote