View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 02:10 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Not just The Grudge... or am I on drugs?

oh my god.

I was so astounded by The Grudge match up (check this forum if you don’t know what i am talking about) that I, just for kicks, tried syncing the video with the song Lateralus, running into the begining of Disposition.

Wow.

Then I tried it with Ticks and Leaches, going into the begining of Lateralus.

Wow.

Then I tried it starting with Eon Blue Apocolypse, going through The Patient, Mantra, and the first few seconds of Schism.

Wow.

I’ve gone through Lateralus, starting each track except for The Patient and Schism (I can only watch the same video so many times in a row before my head explodes) with the start of the video. Someone please back me up on this: I think that Tool edited the video so that it would sync with each song on the CD. Don’t believe me? Start Eon Blue Apocolypse, Mantra, or, if you haven’t already, The Grudge at the exact time you start turn on the Parabola video (with parabola muted, of course), and keep watching/listening until you get to the end of the video. Some of the songs I may just be imagining, but there are parts in each of them where I was sure there was no coincidence (starting the actual song Parabola with it is rather ho-hum until you get into Ticks and Leaches). Even the delay between Triad and Faaip de Oiad is timed right.

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands (well, actually, its just because I’m not at school cuz I have a cold)...

Or do you guys already know this?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote