View Single Post
teknofear's Avatar teknofear
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM

don't feel like writing all this out again, so here's my copypaste from the other thread:

not to sound like Debbie Downer or anything, but I was completely stoked getting there (got there right after Jambi), but I was really expecting more from tonight. Was in sec 101, row Q, the fuckin little security guys were nazis about phones and such, but I was able to sneak a few pics (they're on pixerbog now). Yeah, Adam and Justin were wearing all white, Danny was in his usual basketball getup, MJK stripped down to his skivvies at one point, I think before Lateralus, where the drummer for TB came out in a Native American headdress, MJK said something like, "let the drum phagittry begin" (THAT"S LITERALLY WHAT HE SAID), which they did somewhat dualing drum solos (during Lateralus).

On a side note, as we got there late, once inside, made a dash for one of the beer stands, paid $7 for one Shiner (after the fuckin $15 for parking), made my way into the auditorium, was all ga-ga about being there, was walking down the steps between sections 201 and 202, was watching the stage not watching where I was going, and fuckin took a spill going down the steps. Rollled my fuckin ankle three ways to Sunday (gonna be a moderate sprain), and got a big-ass knot on my other knee.

That's probably what I'll remember most about this show.

The show was good overall, sound was pretty good, at least from my vantage point. Should've bit the bullet and traded my 101 (and some extra scratch) for a pit ticket. My bad, I'll know better next time.

Adam's guitar cut-out at one point during Vicarious, was interesting to see how they just rolled with it. MJK made some silly noises, Justin looked confused, but after a min or so, they got Adam back up and rolling again.

Oh yeah, has it always been $40 for T-shirts?

WTF, over.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

don't feel like writing all this out again, so here's my copypaste from the other thread:

not to sound like Debbie Downer or anything, but I was completely stoked getting there (got there right after Jambi), but I was really expecting more from tonight. Was in sec 101, row Q, the fuckin little security guys were nazis about phones and such, but I was able to sneak a few pics (they're on pixerbog now). Yeah, Adam and Justin were wearing all white, Danny was in his usual basketball getup, MJK stripped down to his skivvies at one point, I think before Lateralus, where the drummer for TB came out in a Native American headdress, MJK said something like, "let the drum phagittry begin" (THAT"S LITERALLY WHAT HE SAID), which they did somewhat dualing drum solos (during Lateralus).

On a side note, as we got there late, once inside, made a dash for one of the beer stands, paid $7 for one Shiner (after the fuckin $15 for parking), made my way into the auditorium, was all ga-ga about being there, was walking down the steps between sections 201 and 202, was watching the stage not watching where I was going, and fuckin took a spill going down the steps. Rollled my fuckin ankle three ways to Sunday (gonna be a moderate sprain), and got a big-ass knot on my other knee.

That's probably what I'll remember most about this show.

The show was good overall, sound was pretty good, at least from my vantage point. Should've bit the bullet and traded my 101 (and some extra scratch) for a pit ticket. My bad, I'll know better next time.

Adam's guitar cut-out at one point during Vicarious, was interesting to see how they just rolled with it. MJK made some silly noises, Justin looked confused, but after a min or so, they got Adam back up and rolling again.

Oh yeah, has it always been $40 for T-shirts?

WTF, over.