View Single Post
Tiphareth
02-16-2011, 03:23 AM

Great show, first time ive been so close to the band, and first time so drunk seeing the band. AH well, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Have had plenty of other opportunities being sober and soaking it all in. Went to Melbourne show and Melbs BDO aswell, all 3 were equally as good, but I do think there was/is something wrong with the bass speaker setup at the BigDayOuts, both Melbs and Perth was very muffled.

Stoked we got The Pot, The Patient and Flood in Perth. Wouldve loved Intolerance, maybe one day. Great to see Maynard happier and moving around more this tour, makes for a great experience.
The '62' thing i always assumed was Maynard rating Danny, cos it was always fter a drum solo or sumthin, but most the time ive seen this tour he's always done '62' and nothing else, so maybe theres more to it.
Surprising we got 46&2, think that was the only time they played it this tour (in saying that, this has been on Tool's setlists more than any other song in the last 10 years pretty much)
Great show thou, Maynard was pretty spot on, i though he'd struggle, visuals amazing as usual.
Thanks again lads.

Just waiting for the album now...

Trav
Jan 31st '07
Feb 4th '07
Jan 30th '11
Feb 2nd '11
Feb 6th '11
Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.06.11 - Big Day Out - Perth

Great show, first time ive been so close to the band, and first time so drunk seeing the band. AH well, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Have had plenty of other opportunities being sober and soaking it all in. Went to Melbourne show and Melbs BDO aswell, all 3 were equally as good, but I do think there was/is something wrong with the bass speaker setup at the BigDayOuts, both Melbs and Perth was very muffled.

Stoked we got The Pot, The Patient and Flood in Perth. Wouldve loved Intolerance, maybe one day. Great to see Maynard happier and moving around more this tour, makes for a great experience.
The '62' thing i always assumed was Maynard rating Danny, cos it was always fter a drum solo or sumthin, but most the time ive seen this tour he's always done '62' and nothing else, so maybe theres more to it.
Surprising we got 46&2, think that was the only time they played it this tour (in saying that, this has been on Tool's setlists more than any other song in the last 10 years pretty much)
Great show thou, Maynard was pretty spot on, i though he'd struggle, visuals amazing as usual.
Thanks again lads.

Just waiting for the album now...

Trav
Jan 31st '07
Feb 4th '07
Jan 30th '11
Feb 2nd '11
Feb 6th '11
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote