View Single Post
Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
02-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Ok then. That was just incredible. Just got home and still very much grasping reality by threads.

From (bad) memory, these are the songs played, and not in any particular order as I have no idea at this stage (someone will correct me hopefully):

Jambi (Third Eye intro - "throughout human history...")
The Pot
Vicarious
The Patient (my personal highlight)
Schism (fast breakdown bit in the middle)
Flood
Forty Six and Two
Lateralus (Extended - a lot)
AEnema
Stinkfist

There were lots of jams, some really cool stuff. Maynard seemed "talkative" - towards the end he said something like:

"because this is the last big day out, I am going to (do something out of character?), and smoke a cigar."

and indeed lit up.

The stage show and effects were really fantastic. I have been listening and loving Tool since 1994/95, and have only seen them twice - both at big day outs. And tonight was the first chance I was in a position to really take in the stage, lights, clips, everything.

They nailed every song aswell. Carey was a machine. Tool followed Rammstein at the big day out, and as huge a show as Rammstein puts on, Tool managed to pick it all up to a new level (in my eyes anyway!).

Someone please correct the setlist & order, etc.
Andy

p.s. Would have loved to have heard Third Eye.

Last edited by Mehhico; 02-06-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 19
Re: 02.06.11 - Big Day Out - Perth

Ok then. That was just incredible. Just got home and still very much grasping reality by threads.

From (bad) memory, these are the songs played, and not in any particular order as I have no idea at this stage (someone will correct me hopefully):

Jambi (Third Eye intro - "throughout human history...")
The Pot
Vicarious
The Patient (my personal highlight)
Schism (fast breakdown bit in the middle)
Flood
Forty Six and Two
Lateralus (Extended - a lot)
AEnema
Stinkfist

There were lots of jams, some really cool stuff. Maynard seemed "talkative" - towards the end he said something like:

"because this is the last big day out, I am going to (do something out of character?), and smoke a cigar."

and indeed lit up.

The stage show and effects were really fantastic. I have been listening and loving Tool since 1994/95, and have only seen them twice - both at big day outs. And tonight was the first chance I was in a position to really take in the stage, lights, clips, everything.

They nailed every song aswell. Carey was a machine. Tool followed Rammstein at the big day out, and as huge a show as Rammstein puts on, Tool managed to pick it all up to a new level (in my eyes anyway!).

Someone please correct the setlist & order, etc.
Andy

p.s. Would have loved to have heard Third Eye.

Last edited by Mehhico; 02-06-2011 at 08:26 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote