View Single Post
92ogt
07-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Don't usually review the shows, but this one was incredible. Probably the best I've seen of this tour. I was 14 rows back on Adam's side and the sound was fantastic. FLOOD was, by far, the highlight of the night. After seeing tool so many times, the excitement and anticipation really isn't there anymore for me, more like going to work. But after hearing flood, it reminded me why tool is so great. There's that element of surprise, that at any moment, they'll pull out an old song. What struck me funny was that, at least from where I was standing, it looked like nobody even heard flood before. The people just kind of looked at each other saying, "what the fuck?" Me and the people I was with seemed like the only ones who knew what was going on. But yeah, flood was killer, felt like I was 12 yrs old again getting undertow when it first came out and crapping my pants. As for the rest of the set, they we're really on point, really enjoyed the extended stinkfist, lateralus, and schism. Hopefully, if they tour again, they'll play more off of opiate, undertow and aenima, miss hearing some of those tunes live. Great show A++++

7/12/97 - Lollapalooza - E Center - Camden NJ
7/11/98 - Ozzfest - E Center - Camden NJ
9/24/01 - First Union Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
9/25/01 - Hershey Park Arena - Heshey PA
9/27/01 - First Union Center - Philadelphia PA
8/12/02 - Sovereign Bank Arena - Trenton NJ
10/29/02 - First Union Spectrum - Philadelphia PA
5/17/06 - Tower Theatre - Upper Darby PA
9/28/06 - Tweeter Center - Camden NJ
10/2/06 - Wachovia Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
6/9/07 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City NJ
7/16/07 - Sovereign Center - Reading PA
Old 07-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/16 - Reading, PA - Sovereign Center

Don't usually review the shows, but this one was incredible. Probably the best I've seen of this tour. I was 14 rows back on Adam's side and the sound was fantastic. FLOOD was, by far, the highlight of the night. After seeing tool so many times, the excitement and anticipation really isn't there anymore for me, more like going to work. But after hearing flood, it reminded me why tool is so great. There's that element of surprise, that at any moment, they'll pull out an old song. What struck me funny was that, at least from where I was standing, it looked like nobody even heard flood before. The people just kind of looked at each other saying, "what the fuck?" Me and the people I was with seemed like the only ones who knew what was going on. But yeah, flood was killer, felt like I was 12 yrs old again getting undertow when it first came out and crapping my pants. As for the rest of the set, they we're really on point, really enjoyed the extended stinkfist, lateralus, and schism. Hopefully, if they tour again, they'll play more off of opiate, undertow and aenima, miss hearing some of those tunes live. Great show A++++

7/12/97 - Lollapalooza - E Center - Camden NJ
7/11/98 - Ozzfest - E Center - Camden NJ
9/24/01 - First Union Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
9/25/01 - Hershey Park Arena - Heshey PA
9/27/01 - First Union Center - Philadelphia PA
8/12/02 - Sovereign Bank Arena - Trenton NJ
10/29/02 - First Union Spectrum - Philadelphia PA
5/17/06 - Tower Theatre - Upper Darby PA
9/28/06 - Tweeter Center - Camden NJ
10/2/06 - Wachovia Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
6/9/07 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City NJ
7/16/07 - Sovereign Center - Reading PA