View Single Post
shab's Avatar shab
07-11-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
good post Shab. completely agree.

I've never seen Adam look out into the crowd that much. I got this kind of sad sense that as much as we might never want to believe it, those kind of long gazes might be the moment of this man looking out at us for the last time. Who knows, we hope not, only time will tell.

and Flood was for the die-hard fans. When the song started kicking I just took myself back to the place I've been for the last few months listening to Tool bootlegs, a bunch of them with that song, started getting into the song and dancing up a storm, looked around and the crowd was just still. Stoned and appreciative, I'm sure, but it was clear that most the people dying for that song were maybe the ones like us, who read the sets, and had some time to look forward to it.
You know what, I was going to write that sentence exactly that way, but I hesitated to say. I felt the same way, like it was a goodbye. His expression was full of shy sadness and it seriously made me shiver inside. I hope we're wrong. But we now have the memory of this show plus many others to pass onto our children, so they can be blessed with the same feelings we were.

Tool is extremely important and personal for me and will stay that way until I give my last breath. I can only hope that we get another chance to feel connected to them.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
good post Shab. completely agree.

I've never seen Adam look out into the crowd that much. I got this kind of sad sense that as much as we might never want to believe it, those kind of long gazes might be the moment of this man looking out at us for the last time. Who knows, we hope not, only time will tell.

and Flood was for the die-hard fans. When the song started kicking I just took myself back to the place I've been for the last few months listening to Tool bootlegs, a bunch of them with that song, started getting into the song and dancing up a storm, looked around and the crowd was just still. Stoned and appreciative, I'm sure, but it was clear that most the people dying for that song were maybe the ones like us, who read the sets, and had some time to look forward to it.
You know what, I was going to write that sentence exactly that way, but I hesitated to say. I felt the same way, like it was a goodbye. His expression was full of shy sadness and it seriously made me shiver inside. I hope we're wrong. But we now have the memory of this show plus many others to pass onto our children, so they can be blessed with the same feelings we were.

Tool is extremely important and personal for me and will stay that way until I give my last breath. I can only hope that we get another chance to feel connected to them.
OFFLINE |