View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

Let's see 4 hour ride to see the seventh Tool show this year (and 907th live show and obviously not all Tool). I sat in the 7th row aisle seat 1 sec 100. While the man was talkative tonight (and with the recording of the show I have, he didn't sound like he said say "peeing", but he said "c#$@*!g" although it’s Memorex who really cares) the sound wasn't as good as all the previous shows (the Tower in spring was even a little better at 10th row right center). Talked to a few TA'rs sitting close to me (also at some of the other shows this year with me) as well as others who confirmed the sound issues. I'm guessing it was more to do with the seat location, as I've seen at least 50 shows at Camden and it always been hit or miss with the sound and seat location amongst other issues. However, I could hear and see the man and Justin extremely well and Danny and Adam very well, it just wasn't a good mix of sound for the group as a whole in the seat location.

Since I had a great view, but below average overall sound I put some more attention into watching some of the video visuals presented. Rosetta I thought was really cool, but I'm into that whole E.T. shit anyway. The set list was very standard as others have already listed, good versions, but it wasn't their tightest night of the year (that's what live shows are all about though) for the band. Yeah I'll stop tossing my stones around. Hell I drove 4 hours back home and wasn't disappointed, so that should tell ya something.

I'm really glad to hear so many people enjoyed the show, and wow how about the guy whose gal got the backstage pass and then met the man (what's up with that little dog, must be a comfort thing). However, I do sympathize with the guy having to sit in the rain waiting (as well as everyone on the lawn and in the rain). That's a fucking joke, must be some fucking homophobia going on with the man. That guy should have been let in with his gal(s), but hey it's their band and their rules. Lovely dictatorships and monarchies how cool. Also, I really get a kick outta how many people really enjoy the festival seating concept in the reserved sections. I've been there and done that, and while rough on others, it's great for some. People remember it's reserved and not really arbitrary. So find the vacancy and move as stealthy as possible to it and hang low and you may have a lot more luck. Damn some of the pitches these people were making (especially the gals and drunks) were hilarious.

Oh and yeah, I do believe this section heading is "Concert Reviews", if there’s one for "Performance Reviews" let me know as I listened to the show twice on the ride home. `;-)

See ya in DC, E. Rutherford, Nassau, and in 07'.
OFFLINE |