View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

Hahaha. You guys are taking me wrong and I don't blame you. TOOL is awsome and I love their shows. I'm just commenting on how all these posts say is how incredible the show was, and the light show and the act, etc. I think I am keeping this in context though. Wouldn't you consider Floyd and Yes 'artsy' bands?? If not for them, bands like TOOL wouldn't exist today. Both of those bands were front and center during shows. And as for the tired rock star bullshit, well 'buddy', I have a hard time getting tired of all the 'great music that has enhanced my life throughout the years' like Hendrix, Beatles, Stones, Nuggent, Bowie, Ziggy Pop, Sex Pistols, Thin Lizzy and on and on and on...oh, and King Crimson.

The inclusion of GWAR here was a mistake. I realize that. I just think their shows are very entertaining.

Hopefully no one here is taking my comments too seriously. It's just one persons opionion versus the many. Tool is anti rock star and I respect that heavily. Heck, it's a big reason I like the band so much. My desire for that attitude in music stems from my disgust at most of today's music. Hence my references to older generation rock (with the exception of GWAR and TMV). But if you're going to compare this to other shows, in context, you MUST compare them to their predececors, who in my opinion were head and shoulders above TOOL while TOOL stands head and shoulders above just about every other band that has come out since the late 90's.

In the end I don't want to offend so anyone that disliked my post...just ignore it. When all is said and done 20 years from now TOOL will be considered one of those influential bands that our kids rock bands will try to be like. I just hope that TOOL gets all the respect and credit they deserve, which up till now hasn't happened.
OFFLINE |