View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 07:59 AM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

Great show. I'm a big TOOL fan, but I really can't say TOOL puts on a top 10 show compared to other concerts I've seen. Sure, you people are going to rip me for my opinion, but seriously...have any of you seen Pink Floyd live? You wanna talk about a stage show? How about YES? Yeah, I know what TOOL is really all about. Again, they're one of my favorite bands next to RUSH and LED ZEP, but still. I can't go on here and say that Maynard was animated. All the things I liked about the TOOL concerts I've been to, the one thing that has disapointed me (with the exception of the mid-90's shows where Maynard really was more 'animated') is that I think he's subdued...trying to not be bigger than the music and all. You want to see animated? Go to a GWAR or Mars Volta concert. Shit, go see Iron Maiden or AC/DC (although they may come out with walkers, Angus still kicks ass). Maybe this just has something to do with me being in my 30's and having seen dozens upon dozens of great concerts in my day (WHO, Rush, Floyd, Yes, etc.).

Anywho, I got lucky and wasn't surrounded by any assholes. The people in my section (203) were all cool and let me enjoy the show...which I did. The sound was good. I can't remember what Maynard was saying other than "Is it raining yet?" I thought AENIMA was the highlight of the night. I would have liked to see the band be more out front and in the light, but I guess it is what it is.

The $7.50 shots of Jack sucked big time and a $5 tip only got me another splash...the bastard. The song selection was great, though ANY songs they would have picked to play would have been great. The security didn't bother anyone who was smoking pot or pulling out their phone cameras. We even managed to sneak up close in the aisle for a few minutes before getting caught. I had one girl tell me that I 'just watched my last TOOL song' when she caught me pissing outside, but I just ignored her and went back to my seat.

So, for you guys that are going to tell me how I don't know what I'm talking about and TOOL is great and blah blah blah, well...bottom line I really enjoyed the show and would recommend anyone to go see it. BUT, my guess is that most people that rant and rave about how good TOOL is live either hasn't seen too many big stage concerts (especially the older bands, like Maiden, who still believe in being Rock Stars) or are totally blinded by their loyalty to TOOL.

Let the abuse begin....
OFFLINE |