View Single Post
merkaboy
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Sirius View Post
Made the last minute decision to head down the 401 to check them out in London after seeing them in Toronto the night before. While the energy of the crowd and show itself in Toronto was amazing, the sound from where I was sitting was horrible. I was very pleasantly surprised by the tiny little venue in London. It was probably 1/3 of the size of the ACC in Toronto, so I knew the sound was going to be tight, especially from the head-on seats I had. I was definitely not disappointed by that. This was one of the best sounding Tool show's I've seen in a long time. They came out on fire and absolutely nailed the first half of their set. Ticks & Leeches was definitely worth the price of admission alone as I had never seen that song performed live before. Maynard & the band killed it. As the set went on, I definitely felt Maynard's energy wane a bit. Maybe it had something to do with the lame lackluster crowd? Compared to the crowd in Toronto, there seemed to be almost no reaction to anything the band did in London. Maybe it was because a lot of us were there the night before and were tired? Maybe London is just too conservative? Maybe there were just a bunch of non-fans in the crowd who just came downtown to check out the big rock show? Who knows?

Anyway, I am glad I went. The sound and visuals were spectacular. The drum jam was one of the best I've seen (3 drummers! Awesome!), Ticks & Leeches was amazing. I was definitely very disappointed (but not surprised) that they cut the set short, although I really wanted to hear The Pot. And Maynard disappearing the second his singing was done was pretty rude. Fuck YOU buddy! The rest of the band looked around and saw him gone. I think I saw Danny give a "wtf??" shrug. Sorry to make your life so difficult Maynard by paying a fortune to see you perform your BEST music live (as much as your heart might be in Puscifer and APC, nothing will ever touch the creative genius that is Tool... Don't forget that you would be nowhere without them and us at this point). Anyway, aside from a few negatives, this was still an amazing experience. I hope to catch more concerts in a mini-venue like this in the future.

maynard bolting right after the closer is nothing new, he does this EVERY SINGLE SHOW. during the lateralus tour they started a tradition of a 4 way hug and thank you to the crowd after every show, but as of 2006, maynard disappears at the end leaving dan, adam and justin to thank the crowd. not really sure why it changed, it was always nice seeing the 4 embrace at the end. unity.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.2012 - London, ON @ John Labatt Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Sirius View Post
Made the last minute decision to head down the 401 to check them out in London after seeing them in Toronto the night before. While the energy of the crowd and show itself in Toronto was amazing, the sound from where I was sitting was horrible. I was very pleasantly surprised by the tiny little venue in London. It was probably 1/3 of the size of the ACC in Toronto, so I knew the sound was going to be tight, especially from the head-on seats I had. I was definitely not disappointed by that. This was one of the best sounding Tool show's I've seen in a long time. They came out on fire and absolutely nailed the first half of their set. Ticks & Leeches was definitely worth the price of admission alone as I had never seen that song performed live before. Maynard & the band killed it. As the set went on, I definitely felt Maynard's energy wane a bit. Maybe it had something to do with the lame lackluster crowd? Compared to the crowd in Toronto, there seemed to be almost no reaction to anything the band did in London. Maybe it was because a lot of us were there the night before and were tired? Maybe London is just too conservative? Maybe there were just a bunch of non-fans in the crowd who just came downtown to check out the big rock show? Who knows?

Anyway, I am glad I went. The sound and visuals were spectacular. The drum jam was one of the best I've seen (3 drummers! Awesome!), Ticks & Leeches was amazing. I was definitely very disappointed (but not surprised) that they cut the set short, although I really wanted to hear The Pot. And Maynard disappearing the second his singing was done was pretty rude. Fuck YOU buddy! The rest of the band looked around and saw him gone. I think I saw Danny give a "wtf??" shrug. Sorry to make your life so difficult Maynard by paying a fortune to see you perform your BEST music live (as much as your heart might be in Puscifer and APC, nothing will ever touch the creative genius that is Tool... Don't forget that you would be nowhere without them and us at this point). Anyway, aside from a few negatives, this was still an amazing experience. I hope to catch more concerts in a mini-venue like this in the future.

maynard bolting right after the closer is nothing new, he does this EVERY SINGLE SHOW. during the lateralus tour they started a tradition of a 4 way hug and thank you to the crowd after every show, but as of 2006, maynard disappears at the end leaving dan, adam and justin to thank the crowd. not really sure why it changed, it was always nice seeing the 4 embrace at the end. unity.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote