View Single Post
ThinkForYourself33
03-13-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor159 View Post
After Portland and Eugene shows, flew to Reno for VIP. Justified by convincing myself and wife- "last time I'm road tripping until new album comes out'. Motivation for VIP was a great ticket- it would cost near $500 or more from reseller for ticket this good, with bonus of meeting Adam. Turns out the time with Adam was as good, or better, than being front row. The Q&A was like a college course in Tool- music, history, theory, and application. Jambi has been re-invented today from what it meant to me yesterday. Adam answered a question on the meaning behind push-it. While he did give the source of what the song was for the band, and a specific member, he strongly expressed the importance of Tool songs being interpreted and 'the meaning' of the songs belonging to the individual and what it means to them personally-regardless of what it is the band wrote about. Adam addressed question of denomination, initial exposure during childhood, concluding with the current belief of existence of a Higher Power. Eye of Spirit went thru my mind as he talked of an experience had by Alex and Alyson Grey.

Juan, our chaperone, did well considering the class he had to work with. He kept eyeballing and commenting on my Opeth shirt. I had such a great time that if I saw him later I would have given him 'the shirt off my back'. I met other Tool followers, some had been to VIP in Portland and Eugene, were then heading from Reno to two nights in San Francisco. $$$! I tried to think of another way to justify making the trip last, but it is back to daily life of making widgets for me. Adam did provide motivational words- if you have inspirations and an appreciation for something-especially arts, pursue it until your fingers bleed and it rips your guts out. And he was sincere when he said it. Do you know if he has a sister?

For anyone with VIP, enjoy, it more than justifies the price and sacrifice of partaking in this part of the show.
So what did he say the meaning of pushit was?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: TOOL VIP EXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor159 View Post
After Portland and Eugene shows, flew to Reno for VIP. Justified by convincing myself and wife- "last time I'm road tripping until new album comes out'. Motivation for VIP was a great ticket- it would cost near $500 or more from reseller for ticket this good, with bonus of meeting Adam. Turns out the time with Adam was as good, or better, than being front row. The Q&A was like a college course in Tool- music, history, theory, and application. Jambi has been re-invented today from what it meant to me yesterday. Adam answered a question on the meaning behind push-it. While he did give the source of what the song was for the band, and a specific member, he strongly expressed the importance of Tool songs being interpreted and 'the meaning' of the songs belonging to the individual and what it means to them personally-regardless of what it is the band wrote about. Adam addressed question of denomination, initial exposure during childhood, concluding with the current belief of existence of a Higher Power. Eye of Spirit went thru my mind as he talked of an experience had by Alex and Alyson Grey.

Juan, our chaperone, did well considering the class he had to work with. He kept eyeballing and commenting on my Opeth shirt. I had such a great time that if I saw him later I would have given him 'the shirt off my back'. I met other Tool followers, some had been to VIP in Portland and Eugene, were then heading from Reno to two nights in San Francisco. $$$! I tried to think of another way to justify making the trip last, but it is back to daily life of making widgets for me. Adam did provide motivational words- if you have inspirations and an appreciation for something-especially arts, pursue it until your fingers bleed and it rips your guts out. And he was sincere when he said it. Do you know if he has a sister?

For anyone with VIP, enjoy, it more than justifies the price and sacrifice of partaking in this part of the show.
So what did he say the meaning of pushit was?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote