View Single Post
Smokint
03-12-2014, 08:44 PM

OK, here's a quick review of Spokane VIP: Me and my bro ponied up $500 each, mainly to get front row seats. Spokane was the first time they had done VIP in US and it showed. They were nice but very unorganized making us wait outside arena quite a while and past show up time (this was at 1:00 btw). When we finally got patted down and gear searched they let us in. Unfortunately they made us stand in a line up against a wall for almost an hour. Seemed like they were trying to organize on the fly. Finally we were led to another building where there was a large room and chairs. Adams gear was up front. We were told to sit down and had to wait some more. It would've been nice to have had some beer or drinks while we waited ( they did eventually pass out warm bottled water). They also eventually put out a bowl of pretzels and opened a bag of chips for the 100 people. Up to this point the VIP experience sucked ass, but, when Adam showed up it got a lot better. He was extremely nice, humble and personable. He played riffs on his Les Paul and Diezel amp. He played Jambi in its entirety to a backing track of his mates, very cool. He answered questions and then very patiently signed 100 posters personally (along with skulls, albums, etc). I couldn't believe his patience, this took a solid 1.5 hrs. FINALLY we're we're taken to sound check where everyone except Maynard played 3 tunes from the setlist, very cool.
In summary, the waiting around sucked, the lack of a real VIP experience with catered food and drinks sucked, BUT seeing Adam and sound check more than made up for it. Would we do it again. Yes, we've got tix to another show with VIP! YOLO
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: TOOL VIP EXPERIENCE

OK, here's a quick review of Spokane VIP: Me and my bro ponied up $500 each, mainly to get front row seats. Spokane was the first time they had done VIP in US and it showed. They were nice but very unorganized making us wait outside arena quite a while and past show up time (this was at 1:00 btw). When we finally got patted down and gear searched they let us in. Unfortunately they made us stand in a line up against a wall for almost an hour. Seemed like they were trying to organize on the fly. Finally we were led to another building where there was a large room and chairs. Adams gear was up front. We were told to sit down and had to wait some more. It would've been nice to have had some beer or drinks while we waited ( they did eventually pass out warm bottled water). They also eventually put out a bowl of pretzels and opened a bag of chips for the 100 people. Up to this point the VIP experience sucked ass, but, when Adam showed up it got a lot better. He was extremely nice, humble and personable. He played riffs on his Les Paul and Diezel amp. He played Jambi in its entirety to a backing track of his mates, very cool. He answered questions and then very patiently signed 100 posters personally (along with skulls, albums, etc). I couldn't believe his patience, this took a solid 1.5 hrs. FINALLY we're we're taken to sound check where everyone except Maynard played 3 tunes from the setlist, very cool.
In summary, the waiting around sucked, the lack of a real VIP experience with catered food and drinks sucked, BUT seeing Adam and sound check more than made up for it. Would we do it again. Yes, we've got tix to another show with VIP! YOLO
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote