View Single Post
spacemonkeyadb's Avatar spacemonkeyadb
08-05-2006, 07:28 AM

I think people who opt for "Incredulous at best..." don't understand the word and think it means something like "incredible", i.e. It's INCREDIBLE that you would choose to believe in angels in the hearts of men.

As I said above, "(in)credulous" refers to a tendency to (dis)believe what one hears, so the only lyric that makes sense is "CREDULOUS at best..."
In this context at least, "credulous" would be similar in meaning to "gullible", i.e. You are, at best, rather gullible for believing in angels in the hearts of men.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:28 AM   #836
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: 01 - Vicarious lyrics

I think people who opt for "Incredulous at best..." don't understand the word and think it means something like "incredible", i.e. It's INCREDIBLE that you would choose to believe in angels in the hearts of men.

As I said above, "(in)credulous" refers to a tendency to (dis)believe what one hears, so the only lyric that makes sense is "CREDULOUS at best..."
In this context at least, "credulous" would be similar in meaning to "gullible", i.e. You are, at best, rather gullible for believing in angels in the hearts of men.