PDA

View Full Version : An album of love songs?

WizardOfGauze
12-05-2002, 01:56 PM
I have been finding it easy to incorperate the theme of love with all of the songs on Lateralus. Even though these interpretations of the songs were in no way intended by the band...I dunno. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Peon
12-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Seems likely but I think the band wanted people to reach their own conclusions about the songs. Kinda like a non-racist non-homophobic Bible.

WizardOfGauze
12-05-2002, 07:44 PM
"Even though these interpretations of the songs were probably in not what the band intended."

ProfoundHaytred
12-06-2002, 07:47 AM
i kinda felt as if the album was facing toward teh main premis of unity and a being of 1. with exception to ticks and leeches that is.

aeonblue
12-07-2002, 02:06 PM
I find Lateralus a very positive album. It has a more positive and open outlook on life, from a different point of view. I think that it's the most personal record that Tool has ever made. There is so much special about it...
But I was really about to laugh my head off when I read that Blair's newsletter with some Christian music mag's review on Lateralus. Was that funny or what?

betwixt
12-08-2002, 02:39 PM
didn't maynard say that all songs on "mer de noms" are lovesongs?

but imho everything happening between humans is about love

laughinchildgod
12-15-2002, 01:27 PM
All beings move out of Love
"God is love, And if God is Love then Love is All there is and if Love is all there is there can be no opposite."

"Cool Dad!"

Mark D
12-23-2002, 09:18 AM
I don't think that lateralus is necessarily about love, but relationships and beings. The other albums have been mainly about certain themes and beliefs, but lateralus seems to involve people more. I guess that it would have to dig into the love theme if the main idea could be about people. That's only my opinion, but everything else is only yours.