PDA

View Full Version : Aenima/The Wall

newmoon2112
09-05-2003, 09:50 PM
A lot of people argue whether the songs are about Jesus,Bill Hicks,or Maynard himself.I think every song on the album is Maynard/Bill Hicks.Why?Roger Waters said that The Wall is based on one guy made from two people.He is singing about his own childhood and Sid Barretts' life.So,maybe Maynard is talking about himself in Jimmy,but it could be Bill Hicks.After all,Bill Hicks had a bad relationship with his father whose name was Jim,hense Jimmy.Also,Bill Hicks died at 11:20 one night,so maybe 11 means was that the last moment Hicks saw was at 11 o'clock.

spiralion
09-11-2003, 02:00 PM
where did you read the 11:20 thing, but yer a fucking genuis otherwise, something else to think on......

TheMikerWave
09-11-2003, 03:13 PM
So,maybe Maynard is talking about himself in Jimmy,but it could be Bill Hicks.After all,Bill Hicks had a bad relationship with his father whose name was Jim,hense Jimmy.

Just wanted to point out that "hense" is really spelled like hence, otherwise, good point

dissonance51765
09-29-2003, 08:19 PM
I agree that a lot of songs on the album incorporate Bill Hicks' view with Maynard's, but the album is not a concept album like The Wall and not all the songs are really "about" a person.

In this case, I think Maynard is talking about himself. His given name is James (he added the Maynard) so he was probably called Jimmy as a child. I think 11 is Maynard talking about his childhood (himself at age 11). Also "under a dead ohio sky," I'm pretty sure Maynard grew up in Ohio (his Mom was living there when she died).

Since the song is about the return to childhood, I don't think it ties in with Hicks' death.