PDA

View Full Version : we are god...

animate
09-05-2003, 05:54 PM
i would have to agree with everyone that has said that the universe is one mind, but i disagree with the idea that "the one" pretends to be many and that we are all the imaginations of our selves. the definition of imagination is "The formation of a mental image of something that is neither perceived as real nor present to the senses." this leads us to the question "what is real?". by definition real means,
"Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence: real objects; a real illness.
True and actual; not imaginary or alleged." Of course this is all relative, but from my vantage point (and probably yours as well) everything that is going on, whether inside or outside me, is happening in actuallity. everything going on is coinciding with my senses (including my "spiritual senses"). My senses are telling me that everything is real, that everything is happening. what my senses are enabling me to experiance does not correspond to the definition of imagination and therefore does not correspond to the idea that we are all the imaginations of our selves. But, when i over think and over analyze, i trick myself into thinking that i am an imagination, i seperate my body from my mind. what is my body? my body is a vessel that allows me to experience things. every system i have supports my 5 senses, meaning, my heart beats so it will send blood to my other organs, my lungs breathe to send oxygen to my body, my digestive system digests to send nutrients to the rest of my body, ect... and it ultimatley leads to my brain (which of course works in unison with my mind), how it controls all of the functions of my body and (most importantly) what it makes me aware of through the use of my five primary senses. In other words, senses make things real, your body contains your 5 senses, your brain collects the data attained by your senses and relays them to your mind, when you seperate your body from your mind (by over thinking and over analyzing) YOU ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO PERCEIVE THINGS AS BEING REAL. you are no longer able to feel anything. i think maynard realizes this. This song is all about feeling, and songs like "stinkfist" are about not feeling anything because of over stimulation (over thinking?). i think he came around full circle (spiral?)

my underlying point: we are not imaginations, we are very real. we just confuse our selves with tricky philosophical ideas (i have nothing against philosophy) into thinking we are not actual.

next point: the one mind is many SEPERATE units that make one whole.
for an explanation, we will use the word "community". this word contains 9 letters, letters that are seperate units, but through the concept of words, these 9 seperate units are brought together to make ONE whole, community. these nine units WORK IN UNISON with one another in order to create the word. the word is not putting up a facade in an attempt to trick you into thinking that it is not one whole and that it is only comprised of smaller units. it is quite apparent that it is one but it is also many. i'm sure you can see how this can be applied to the universe (god). i am a seperate unit (i am sitting here typing on my computer), but i am also a building block for a larger much greater being than i am. when you think of the universe as one conciousness it becomes quite confussing mainly because most people think of it metaphorically. i.e. "i am a conciousness and so is the universe, that must mean that my conciousness resembles the universe's". this is not so. since the universe is a conciousness, it encomposes the entire universe (all matter), this means everything you see IS the greater conciousness. But you can also plainly see that the things surrounding you are seperate units. seperate units inside one whole. and by our own senses (body) and mind, we can see how apparent this is.

my underlying point: we are all seperate units, but we are all one whole. we are just building blocks for the greater being. the universe is not pretending to be many smaller pieces, it is many smaller smaller pieces.

Etamina
09-06-2003, 06:49 AM
For reasons that most of you don't know, I am quick to agree with animate here. Indeed, we are one mind (a very REAL one mind) that is composed of several smaller units. Of course, you could take this infinitely smaller and larger. The interesting thing is that if we are all part of one consciousness, then by sheer logic that consciousness MUST be another part of an even bigger consciousness, and that to another, and so on. Just as all matter as we know it is made up of atoms, so, too, must eveything follow the formula. In this fashion you could say that everything is infinite. Everything is a part of an infinite number of exponentially bigger existences, and everything houses an infinite number of "spatial generations" (as I will now call them). Each generation would logically be "inside of its own little world." That is to say, that all speculation about a different generation (generally the neighbours) would be no more than just that. It is all theory, just as this post is. Perhaps in the "afterlife" we will reside in the next larger generation and continue to progress exponentially in physical, mental, and spritual terms infinitely. The inverse of course, is that we resided in the next smallest generation before this life. Quite ironically, I don't truly believe that this is the case in matters of the afterlife and such. Although, it's just as possible as any theory. These INFINITE POSSIBLITIES lend themselves to the same odds: infinity to one. But wait, Etamina - If you divide any finite number into infinity the quotient is zero! That's right Billy, that's absolutely true. So, logically you would have to deduce that the possibilty of anything happening is zero. But it is evident to all us that things do happen! It's impossible not to have anything happening! (So there is something that's impossible.) The answer to this paradox can be found inside yourself, and only there. The actual possibilty of anything happening is zero. But, I KNOW, by the very definition of the word, that at least one thing is happening. I am not talking about what I sense, or what I feel emotionally or think about. I EXIST. I am an entity in one form or another. But I can't prove this to anyone. The fact that you're reading this doesn't prove that anyone else exists. It only proves that you do. Therefore, EVERYONE MUST DISCOVER THEMSELVES BY THEMSELVES. Nobody can tell you who you, or that you are. It is for every "separate" unit to find on it's own. This, you will find, is the same for everything.

paraflux
09-08-2003, 10:55 AM
the point is to make our imagination real. We do it already here in the 3rd dimension, but there is lag time. In the next, I do hear tell that whatever we desire is manifested instantly. Hmmmm, heaven, anyone?

Etamina
09-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Basically, I would agree that we are many minds that comprise a whole, however I feel that the opposite is true as well. We are one mind that comprises many.

Not to be antagonistic, but "Duh." For one to true, so must the other. But i agree with you. And thank you for responding. This post seems to be too much for most people to take in. And since you were good enough to take the time, I'll let you in on a secret (check your private messages.)

P.S. "possessess" is a funny looking word. :-)

P.S.S. - I'd have to disagree with you Paraflux about heaven, and that we make our imaginations real in this third dimension. First of all you HAVE to take infinity into account. This cannot be the third. It cannot be rated like that. Because infinity goes both ways (past and future). If this is the third, then that means you could trace existence (or at least our existence) back to a beginning, and that goes against what infinity is. No beginning, no end. It's hard to comprehend, I know. I've spent countless hours going back and forth on it. And as far as heaven goes, perhaps that could be the name given to our next level of progression (as I personally believe that we will live an inifinite number of finite lives, and that may be the next.) But I don't think that our wishes will be manifested instantly. Where would you go from there?

paraflux
09-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Wherever you wanted. That's the point. Heaven is the name given to us concerning the life after the rapture (I'm talking christianity here, I know) and it is described as everything you dream of. This corresponds with my experiential knowledge concerning perception, reality, and how the two are one. I dont expect everyone to share these views.

And why be concerned about where we go from there? All I am worried about is the next step. I'm sure the one after that would be even harder to comprehend, if we could at all.

sircorn
09-15-2003, 12:40 PM
When you are dead, how do you justify that you ever were real? you can't. You don't know what happenes when you die, I assume not much, and this consiousness that has been building ever since I was born just ends. (well it ends in the sence that I no longer have control of it, whatever I might have said/done in life passes my consousness on further (light reflections...))

I totally agree with you on everything your saying, but what your saying is pointing more in the direction of us truely being imaginations. (you cant really refer to stinkfist - it was 5 years prior)

Anyway, to what you saying about lateralus (seperating body from the mind) well i think this has to do a lot with jung (http://www.cgjungpage.org/fordhamtypes.html). Introverse and extroverse. pssssssst read about it. Basically its about finding a balance between analizing and reflecting ( < hey looks its the title :P ) and being headstong and emotional.

In the end, us as beings, we are merely one form of energy passed further down the road of evolution. We don't matter really. Opinions continuosly bounce off each other just like the pure energy in natural evolution. Niether ever wear away, or grow anymore. They may change shapes and such, but its all the same. It's just a big cycle, on going til who knows... the world ends? lol who really cares? Basically, just enjoy life while it lasts.

Etamina
09-28-2003, 07:00 PM
You can't justify that you were ever real, but you don't have to be "dead" to say that. I cannot prove that I am real. Although I can't say that we ever die. But it's just as possible that are right, as it is possible that I am, as it is that potato chips are the catalyst for the earth's destruction. Everything is just as possible as anything else. Although probability, as far as I've experienced, doesn't follow the same pattern.

"In the end, us as beings, we are merely one form of energy passed further down the road of evolution. We don't matter really. Opinions continuosly bounce off each other just like the pure energy in natural evolution. Niether ever wear away, or grow anymore. They may change shapes and such, but its all the same. It's just a big cycle, on going til who knows... the world ends? lol who really cares? Basically, just enjoy life while it lasts."

You are right in that we are simply energy. But so is everything. Which in turn means that we matter just as much as anything does. True, you could say that nothing matters, or everything matters. Whatever conclusion you come up with, it must be equal for everything.

Also, everything runs in cycles. Not only in the physical plane, but others as well. Because of the infinitude of existence, everything must have a pattern. And smaller patterns within that pattern. And even the biggest pattern we observe will be a part of a bigger pattern and so on and so forth. Just as we are all biuldings blocks of a bigger unit, all patterns are buildings blocks of different patters. You will notice, if you look, that everything follows these rules. Neat, eh?

sircorn
10-04-2003, 04:45 PM
You can't justify that you were ever real, but you don't have to be "dead" to say that. I cannot prove that I am real. Although I can't say that we ever die. But it's just as possible that are right, as it is possible that I am, as it is that potato chips are the catalyst for the earth's destruction. Everything is just as possible as anything else. Although probability, as far as I've experienced, doesn't follow the same pattern.

"In the end, us as beings, we are merely one form of energy passed further down the road of evolution. We don't matter really. Opinions continuosly bounce off each other just like the pure energy in natural evolution. Niether ever wear away, or grow anymore. They may change shapes and such, but its all the same. It's just a big cycle, on going til who knows... the world ends? lol who really cares? Basically, just enjoy life while it lasts."

You are right in that we are simply energy. But so is everything. Which in turn means that we matter just as much as anything does. True, you could say that nothing matters, or everything matters. Whatever conclusion you come up with, it must be equal for everything.

Also, everything runs in cycles. Not only in the physical plane, but others as well. Because of the infinitude of existence, everything must have a pattern. And smaller patterns within that pattern. And even the biggest pattern we observe will be a part of a bigger pattern and so on and so forth. Just as we are all biuldings blocks of a bigger unit, all patterns are buildings blocks of different patters. You will notice, if you look, that everything follows these rules. Neat, eh?

Descartes: "I think, there for I am." Proves you exist. Maybe not real... but of course we exist.... If this statement is false, then there is ultimately no meaning to anything, which i dont think at all.

And the last two paragraphs... i guess i didnt make it clear what I was saying in my first post... What your saying was what i was infering in the first place AKA

"You are right in that we are simply energy. But so is everything. Which in turn means that we matter just as much as anything does. "

"Also, everything runs in cycles. Not only in the physical plane, but others as well. "