PDA

View Full Version : anit-drug song

manifestcontent
12-05-2002, 09:22 AM
to me sober is about how drugs numb us and get us to the point that we are bored with them and their affects. "Jesus wont you fucking whistle something but the past and done" like Jesus, can't we talk about something else for a change. i also think it talks about the empty affects it has on a person. at first the drugs may seem glamerous and cool but then as you become addicted you see that it was all just lies "i am just a worthless liar, i am just an imbacle. i will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. i will find a center in you i will chew i up and leave. trust me..." it's almost like the drug is talking and taunting the person taking the drug. and the why can't we not be sober part is almost like the person is pleading for recovery but of course the drug has him and wont let go. Any thoughts would be nice.

LazyE462
12-26-2002, 08:43 AM
well i guess you can take whatever interpretation you want on it. I personally think its about "why CANT we do drugs", simplyy because Adam said so in an interview, hehe.