PDA

View Full Version : What are we supposed to do?

TWENTY-THREE
01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I know that all of Tool's music is made so that we can get up and change the world in a positive sense.

My point is. . .what I get from it is that we can't take our experiences(Physical AND metaphysical) for granted. Look at what happened to the guy in the story: He was so involved in his life and all these insignificances that he ended up missing the entire point when it was spoon fed to him. It was his job to change the world, but he was scared, dumbfounded, and ended up failing.

We can't fall into this, we need to change the world when it is our calling. It is by "God's" will that we exist, even ancient cultures described creation as coming from the will to exist, the desire to exist. . .

Anyway, the point is, I think we're here for a reason, we can't blow it on small things, it's up to us to change the world. We are "God" in the flesh. Don't give up metaphysical opportunities and most importantly TRUTHS for fear of them being insignificant. Write the things that happen to you down. There is so much behind them. Let's not waste this opportunity. . . . . .and let's not allow this opportunity to waste us. . . .Let's not fail, and really, let's not shit the bed.

Just a though, please add on. , , , , , ,

Inner_Eulogy
01-15-2008, 07:24 AM
I know that all of Tool's music is made so that we can get up and change the world in a positive sense.

My point is. . .what I get from it is that we can't take our experiences(Physical AND metaphysical) for granted. Look at what happened to the guy in the story: He was so involved in his life and all these insignificances that he ended up missing the entire point when it was spoon fed to him. It was his job to change the world, but he was scared, dumbfounded, and ended up failing.

We can't fall into this, we need to change the world when it is our calling. It is by "God's" will that we exist, even ancient cultures described creation as coming from the will to exist, the desire to exist. . .

Anyway, the point is, I think we're here for a reason, we can't blow it on small things, it's up to us to change the world. We are "God" in the flesh. Don't give up metaphysical opportunities and most importantly TRUTHS for fear of them being insignificant. Write the things that happen to you down. There is so much behind them. Let's not waste this opportunity. . . . . .and let's not allow this opportunity to waste us. . . .Let's not fail, and really, let's not shit the bed.

Just a though, please add on. , , , , , ,

I agree with all of this, except for your opening statement that their music is made so that we can get up and make a change, it's meant to INSPIRE us to get up and make a change,

joblobob
01-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Nice thought.

I agree completly with both of you, but most people won't even hear the message, because they don't want to change.

They are comfortable in their ignorance and will defy anyone who wants to change for the better.

In my community, I have already began to make little changes, but in the long run coulld be useful.

If someone shouts to me or talks angrily, before ansering him, I ask him : "Why are you angry, why are you mad at me? Is this the only way you can communicate to me?"

Sometimes they just give me an odd look, but other times I seem to wake up some people and show them that being angry at everyone wont help anybody...

Nikeda-Taylor
02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Interesting, i agree with you.