PDA

View Full Version : need help with lyrics

zumzim13
12-04-2002, 09:47 PM
can anybody tell what maynard is saying about 3:50 into this? its right after "I'd trade it all for just a little piece of mind....pushit on me....im pushin....shoving...." then it sounds something like "scrambling to keep my feet on the ground", but that doesnt seem to be what it is. its not in the lyrics or the faq, and ive been tryin to figure it out for years. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Jerk off
12-06-2002, 12:02 PM
It sound like "Your pushin and shovin and I'm scrabling to keep my feet down on the ground." That what I always thought it was.......

2L8665
12-17-2002, 06:03 PM
"...and I'm scrabbling to keep my feet bound on the ground.

Jebus
12-22-2002, 04:40 AM
I always thought it was 'scrambling to keep my feet down on the ground', but what do I know...

nuthin'

2L8665
12-22-2002, 03:54 PM
If you look up the word "scrabble", it means 1: to scratch or claw about clumsily or frantically 2: to struggle by or as if by scraping or scratching 3: SCRAMBLE.
"Remember I'll always love you as I CLAW your f#$% throat away"...
They're both right. Keep singing it the way YOU know it.

drum_dood
01-06-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by 2L8665
"Remember I'll always love you as I CLAW your f#$% throat away"...

i think it's supposed to be "Even as I tear your fucking throat away." but that's besides the point

Torpid_Prey
01-07-2003, 09:21 PM
to get my feet flat on the ground

«---- '][' ø r p î d ]? r ê ÿ ----»

and it is either claw or blow, not tear

drum_dood
01-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Torpid_Prey
and it is either claw or blow, not tear

"Even as I tear your fucking throat away" submitted by maynard james keenan to the tool page, september 1996

seeker
01-08-2003, 05:04 PM
"scramblin... keep my feet over the ground"

guess that may be somewhat harder to explain (maybe over the ground as opposed to over the water) but it's how i tend to hear it.

seeker
01-10-2003, 03:04 PM
hmm, what was i thinking? i just listened to it again and i'm completely wrong. "get my feet back on the ground" may be it, though.

dan
01-10-2003, 04:16 PM
keep my feet flat on the ground.

nickknocker
01-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by drum_dood

"Even as I tear your fucking throat away" submitted by maynard james keenan to the tool page, september 1996

The problem is that a lot of those lyrics vary according to when he sings them, in Ænima it goes "as i claw your fuckin' throat away"
It says somewhere on that page that the lyrics are "like your face in different pictures" (always the same as a whole, but different somehow)
-also im (reasonably) sure the other one is "....scramblin'....keep my feet right on the ground"

Torpid_Prey
01-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by drum_dood

"Even as I tear your fucking throat away" submitted by maynard james keenan to the tool page, september 1996 it says this as an introduction to the lyrics section - think about it carefully -

Some Tool songs undergo slight lyrical variations in each performance; Maynard's own typed versions are shown here, uncorrected, to provide you with a straight-from-the-source guide to what he has said / might say next time.

Most of these transcriptions came straight from the Man's computer. How he writes his lyrics/poetry and then translates that into music is up to him. Think of them as photographs; you don't look exactly the same in every picture, but it is still you.

and listen to it closely - from my cd i can hear nothing close to "tear" there at all. i can hear both blow and claw depending on what im listening for.

«---- '][' ø r p î d ]? r ê ÿ ----»

P.S. i meant to say 'to keep my feet flat on the ground' not 'to get my feet flat on the ground' i was really tired at the time :-/