PDA

View Full Version : Ænima: A Space Odyssey

Jim
12-04-2002, 09:38 PM
Yes, I know what the TDN FAQ has to say about Ænima going along with movies(synchronicity). My conspiracy theory is that it's meant to be kept a secret. Do This--1: Obtain a copy of Ænima and a copy of 2001: A Space Odyssey. 2: Begin the movie. 3:Begin Ænima(the very beginning of Stinkfist) right when the words "Jupiter Mission: 18 Months Later" disappear from the screen(almost an hour into the movie). Keep the television audio up so that the dialogue can be heard clearly along with the music. Allow both to play to the end, uninterrupted. 4: Please report back with your thoughts before this thread gets pulled.

GentryXaties
12-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Yeah, but there have been at least hundreds of those and I haven't heard one that actually worked yet. I mean, there's one that says if you play Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", it matches up with The Wizard of Oz, and another that says if you play Rush's "2112" with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory it syncs up.

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun. I mean, hell... this one might even actually work. I'm just saying, I've had some pathetic experiences. The closest the Pink Floyd one came to syncing up was when ever David Gilmour sings "the lunatic is on the grass", the scarecrow is dancing on the yellow brick road. Big deal.

interpretation
12-07-2002, 01:51 PM
they're all complete crap...I mean, just because the tempo of a song or what they're singing about can in some obscure way be tied to one point of the movie does NOT mean they were meant to be viewed/listened to in that way. This is EXACTLY the same thing that happened with Pink Floyd, and it appears Tool will soon be gaining the same sort of fame. Not surprising at all, and it shows what bands will be truly remembered in 20 years..

Chuckhawk
12-07-2002, 03:40 PM
I don't know about this abstract idea Jim threw out here, but Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz does indeed synch up. I have done it on serveral ocassions, and its very cool. If you get it right the munchkins are dancing in time with "money." Go do a search somewhere for info on it and you'll come across a long list of things to look out for, besides the images moving with the music.

sloppyc
12-09-2002, 07:28 PM
...don'tnow about the rest of it, but i think 'third eye' might be an interesting soundtrack for the '...beyond the infinite' part of 2001... if the end of the song coincides with bowman's eye closeup at the end... don't know really how the rest of it would work with the story at all though...

verisimilitude
12-09-2002, 07:51 PM
yeah dude, and if you put intermission on repeat and start it at the very beginning of the crow, it matches up PERFECTLY! dude best night of my life.

look people, if you're imaginative enough (or on some good drugs) any album with the same general mood as the movie you're viewing can and probably will match up with the movie, simply because that's what you want it to do. it's your mind fucking with you.

Professor Frink
12-18-2002, 01:16 PM
if you haven't yet, check out the Nightmare Before Christmas thread in the lateralus main. It does indeed work, amazingly well if you do it correctly. It's obviously a planned effort.