PDA

View Full Version : What I Think Prison Sex Is About

newmoon2112
08-31-2003, 09:20 PM
Prison Sex is about a child molester.Maynard is singing in his lyrics the child molesters' point of views and reasonings for what he does.In the video the child molester is painting the boy.That is his way of molesting him,and then you see the molester holding the boy dolls hands down not to move.When the boy is searching through the molesters drawers he is finding out what he is in for.Maynard sings about blood and cum on his hands.That is from beating and molesting the child.Do unto others what has been done to me...meaning the molester was raped as a child also and he grew up believing that molesting children was his destiny.

Cylith
10-30-2003, 07:45 PM
I think the song is about Prison Sex...gee I wonder why. The song is obviosly very sexual in nature: "Release in this sodomy." As for when Maynard sings about shit, blood and cum on his hands...prison sex/rape is not exsactly pretty...it can often result in stitches in places you don't want to think about. (Watch the movie American History X to see what I'm talking about here...don't worry, it's not THAT graphic, but you get the point.) As for when Maynard sings "Do unto others what has been done to me" I think he's singing about how an inmate in prison gets raped, but then gets so accustomed to prison life that he too "Does his thing" in order to get off.

AllforUnity
10-31-2003, 11:53 AM
l don't think the song is exactly about prison sex itself...l think Maynard is using it as a metaphmore, but l'm not sure, it could be about it, easily...and as for the lyrics, l'm sure that's just what you get off of the site...it could easily say "Released inside of me", because that would fit the song as well, if you think about it.

Drukety Drukety Drunked
11-08-2003, 07:55 AM
I dont know if anyone knows this but (yous probably do) but children who grow up seeing their siblings or mum molested and/or bashed grow up thinking this is right After all we are products of our environment and then do the same themselves

Kostia
11-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Prison Sex probably does not pertain ONLY to prison sex.

I recall hearing a Tool member (Adam?) say that the song was released as a single to piss off people, because Tool was annoyed at commercial musicians that practically stripped down in their videos... so they thought, why not?

As for what inspired this song... I remember this quote from Maynard after Tool performed the song:

"Has anyone ever loved you so much that they tried to kill you? Or perhaps, sucked you down into a hole? So that you had to kill them to get away?
Yeah... me neither."

I think the song is about how when someone does something bad to someone it increases that person's tendency to do the same bad thing to someone else, to release his pain. And the first person did it to release THEIR pain. The point is that violence and anger are not reasonably good ways to deal with what you've experienced... the more you research Tool's later work, it's about transcending life and pain and moving on, and reaching a higher level of existence. A lot of people who "don't get" Tool (and there are a lot of these) can't really see past the concept of sex in a prison and IMMEDIATELY decide that Tool is a bunch of gay sadists. And I'm not referring to anyone on here, I actually know people who have told me they think that. Oy...

christ oxide
11-20-2003, 05:10 PM
It is a metaphor dealing with religion "shafting" people with their ideas and beliefs. One person is had this view of reality shoved up thier ass, and in turn will shove it up another's.

INNER_STRUGGLE
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
I think its a fusion with the idea of molestation and prison sex, but after looking at the relegious point of view thats a very interesting asssumption. Very nice

Theodagoth
02-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Prison Sex is about child abuse, which child molestation can fall under. Simple as that.

Eric_nelson30
02-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Come on now.. If you guys are really Tool fans, you should know that Tool sings about things that actually have something to do with them. It's not about being raped in prison. In an interview with Maynard he hinted towards the idea that the song was about himself, and that he was abused as a child.

Serex
03-18-2004, 12:23 AM
I believe this song is relating forcing sex upon someone with forcing your own ideas and beliefs on them. Its a simple metaphor. This song mainly focuses on religion. Think about it, "I've got my hands bound,my head down, my eyes closed, my throats wide open". What does this mean, its your standard praying position. picture someone kneeling beside their bed resighting their prayers. Now back to forcing your ideas on someone. Later in the song, (Ive) is replaced but (your). Just a thought...

neochrist
03-18-2004, 12:51 AM
The Noobinutis is taking over. Your all growing insanely stupid.

Luna Galapogos
03-18-2004, 02:44 PM

Possibly by reading posts like this.

I think that this song probably relates to anything where you grow up in an environment, and as a result of that environment, you turn out that way. Like gay men/women are probably a product of their environment, a flower on a window sill compared to a flower in a closet, etc...

I also heard somewhere else (I can't remember where) that Maynard actually was abused by his step father when he was younger.

crazypsycho6666
03-26-2004, 07:59 PM
the simplest explinations can be so complex.
it may be about sex, molestation, or something else that only maynard knows about.

AllforUnity
03-29-2004, 12:58 PM
This song is about abusing yourself.

neochrist
03-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Possibly by reading posts like this......

....I think that this song probably relates to anything where you grow up in an environment, and as a result of that environment, you turn out that way. Like gay men/women are probably a product of their environment, a flower on a window sill compared to a flower in a closet, etc...

i couldnt agree with you more

AllforUnity
03-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Maynard grew up in a highly religious home. l doubt he was abused.

dude3390
04-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I believe this song is relating forcing sex upon someone with forcing your own ideas and beliefs on them. Its a simple metaphor. This song mainly focuses on religion. Think about it, "I've got my hands bound,my head down, my eyes closed, my throats wide open". What does this mean, its your standard praying position. picture someone kneeling beside their bed resighting their prayers. Now back to forcing your ideas on someone. Later in the song, (Ive) is replaced but (your). Just a thought...

Now you've got it. Compare this to his work just before this on the "Opiate" EP, the song of that same name

"deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow"

It's just evolved to a slightly more complicated metaphor, but it still stands for beliefs of one being pushed on another forcefully, which seems ironic when related to Christianity, as Christ was against all of that bullshit.