PDA

View Full Version : VICARIOUS DVD

Inner_Eulogy
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Well I just went and got the DVD single soon as I left work yesterday and popped it in. The video is bad ass! It has a few extra features that the Schism and Parabola singles didn't have which is nice but, unless there's a secret easter egg yet to be found, no live footage =-(

Think we'll EVER get a live DVD?

TomAce
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Think we'll EVER get a live DVD?

Nope.

hemiola
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Yep

manyc
12-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Hopefully one day. From what I've read, they have stacks and stacks of live footage.. probably professional quality live footage. So why not a live DVD man? Come on.. it would sell so much better than just one video for one song. Which isn't even the best song on the album in my opinon. That's just me though.

But really - give us a live DVD tool, please. We would fucking LOVE it.

...I think they know that, and that's why they don't do it. heh. dicks.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I love the Video as well and its probally the most visually stunning video made by Tool because its in CGI. The 3 legged destroyer :)

As for live footage..Why would anyone say that Tool wont put out live footage? Are you serious? Tool is going to make it very special for all of us and if you think otherwise...your a dumbass. It might not be released this year or next year..but they will release a dvd that will be so fuckin badass. I cant wait for that day to come.

If you ACTUALLY purchased the dvd..there are 10 3-D pictures. (Which are totally fuckin awesome.) But one caught my attention that has the man holding his hands in front of his chest with his middle and ring fingers together while his pinky and index fingers and thumb are pointing outwards. Does this mean something with any significance?

My girlfriend noticed it and she said that it meant "father and the holy spirit." or something along those lines. She learned about it in school..Im obviously not 100% on this so I decided to throw it out there. I hope someone else knows what I am "TRYING" to say here.

Cheers.

parables in the world
12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a feeling they're gonna release a live DVD of all their Epic songs...

Rolo
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Eventually they will release a live DVD.

I think they just like watching us beg for it.

Sadistic bastards!

the white
12-20-2007, 06:31 PM
should happen at some point..

Inner_Eulogy
12-20-2007, 09:44 PM
As much as I hate it, I honestly think their best timing to release it would be after their next and quite possibly last album, right before retirement.

Mari Jaine
12-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I hope there will be a next album. Yeah, that would be a good time to release a live DVD, but it would be kind of sad knowing they wouldn't make anymore music.

I know I got the Vicarious DVD for Christmas, but I'm not allowed to open it yet.

Rolo
12-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Considering they would put out just one more album and call it quits, there are still other options. O.K. they wouldn't be making music together but like MJK is known for a project or two. So he'll have his twisted toughts find a way to some form of music. As in APC, as in Puscifer or his next collaboration what so ever. Maybe Justin or Adam would put up a project. And there is always Dan's Pigmy Love Circus.

And ofcourse it is very common these days, they will reunite within a decade and go on a lucrative world tour.

Enough from the crystal ball. Let us see what reality will bring in the future.........

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Hell, I think for their own good, why not just release new material and not go on tour. It's obviously the most draining part of any new album is dealing with singing the same shit every fucking night for like a year and a half straight dealing with obnoxious fans and media. If I were in their shoes I think it'd be so much nicer to be able to create new material and just not have to go through the hassle of touring.

Although. I'm guessing that may be a part of the contract with each new album release for almost any band, I'm not sure.

Rolo
12-21-2007, 01:06 PM
You're right on that one. But when your "worst-case-scenario" (post 9) happens to be reality and they will indeed retire after one final album, it will be more lucrative to be touring after years of silence. No stress considering new lyrics which will have to connect with the former work. No illegal downloads = loss of valuable new input. Plus the best example for a succesful reunion is (imo) Led Zeppelin in London last week. Ca$htime!

But let's not jump to the conclusions. Enjoy this as it lasts. Let's start worrying when the shit really hits the fan.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 01:53 PM
You're right on that one. But when your "worst-case-scenario" (post 9) happens to be reality and they will indeed retire after one final album, it will be more lucrative to be touring after years of silence. No stress considering new lyrics which will have to connect with the former work. No illegal downloads = loss of valuable new input. Plus the best example for a succesful reunion is (imo) Led Zeppelin in London last week. Ca$htime!

But let's not jump to the conclusions. Enjoy this as it lasts. Let's start worrying when the shit really hits the fan.

Agreed, still, no matter what this last album just felt incomplete to me. Like it was missing something. Don't get me wrong, I like it...I just feel more like well for instance, ya' ever broke up with a girlfriend and then immediately started dating some other girl just to fill that gap/void. It feels great but on the inside you know it's fake and empty...kinda like that.

Rolo
12-21-2007, 02:08 PM
I think i know what you mean. But wouldn't it be "Tool-worthy" to say; let's stop at the top. Instead of going on 'till no one gives a fuck. Can you imagine Maynard on tour like some sort of Mick Jagger? (don't they have an ambulance right next to the stage by now? Just in case?)

Personally, i think after the hurting process and finally accepting their retirement, you can look back on a band which can look itself in the mirror and say: we were never sellouts!

Pain will come eventually, but i rather face a band who will quit on a high quality base than one which became a parody of itself.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I think i know what you mean. But wouldn't it be "Tool-worthy" to say; let's stop at the top. Instead of going on 'till no one gives a fuck. Can you imagine Maynard on tour like some sort of Mick Jagger? (don't they have an ambulance right next to the stage by now? Just in case?)

Personally, i think after the hurting process and finally accepting their retirement, you can look back on a band which can look itself in the mirror and say: we were never sellouts!

Pain will come eventually, but i rather face a band who will quit on a high quality base than one which became a parody of itself.

I agree but I'm quite sure they have 1 record left in their contract

Rolo
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Yes, i was aware of that and i think so too. Sorry for my bad english, if i did not make that clear in my earlier posts.

thezeusanator
12-22-2007, 11:48 PM

You don't think they'll get resigned, or try to release something independently like Puscifer? Maynard said they'll make music together until one of them dies.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-23-2007, 12:14 AM
You don't think they'll get resigned, or try to release something independently like Puscifer? Maynard said they'll make music together until one of them dies.

It would be cool if they were immortal.

dj_philharmonic
12-23-2007, 07:45 AM
its only a matter of time before the release a "live" DVD. I believe that after the touring they will cull all the sets of music during their tours and
make a wild ass video. That way people can re-capture the moments.
a movie would be sicc

Rolo
12-23-2007, 01:23 PM
If the next record comes out 'round 2010, as i'm guessing, they would be touring for about, let's say, a year or two? After that it'll be 2012/2013. Maynard turns 49 in 2013. Since they've completed their contract by then, the time of overthinking the future is at hand. Maynard has a flourishing wineyard to attend and his sideprojects could, in some way, satisfy his artistic needs. APC & Puscifer have proven to be succesful. He could seriously be considering to slow down.

And in what way could they really go out with a BANG! With a live DVD, or some sort of movieproject as i have read rumors about every now and then. The fans are hungry so why don't feed 'em. They'll feast, that''s for sure!

12-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Then Uwe Boll ends up directing it and we all just stop giving a fuck

Tool_Is_Sick
12-23-2007, 09:02 PM
It would be cool, but... damn, man, it's been forever. They could have released at least one live DVD long before now. If they're going to release it, why do they keep their fans waiting?

Maybe they're waiting until they retire?

Do people seriously think that Tool wont put out a live dvd someday or another? They have to and they will. I obviously dont know for sure. DUH! but im HOPING and if they do..imo..it will be the best live dvd ever. They keep us waiting because they are Tool and they can. We waited a year and a half for an 8+ min video of vicarious.

I know it shouldnt take 15+ years to provide one to their fans but give them another 15+ years and we will all be enjoying our popcorn watching a live dvd with all the goodies that we've always wanted from Tool.

Hey...I can dream cant I?

Inner_Eulogy
12-25-2007, 04:50 PM

I never said I didn't think they would. My only point being is that we can count on at least 1 more for sure. They may not do another one after that, who knows

12-26-2007, 10:38 PM
If they pull that fucking loophole shit, i'm gonna be pissed.

dissected-detcessid
12-26-2007, 11:25 PM
After their next album and tour they'll release a monstrous 30-DVD box containing concert registration from since early as possible in their career (say 3 concert DVD's per album or so). Including 3 DVD's with shows they recorded but didn't tape (say Opiate area). Then they have a couple of DVD's (say 3) with unreleased and rare material. Then a DVD with their Tool Movie as they hinted at. Then a DVD with a documentary about Blair from Toolband.

And it will cost around 600-700 dollar (I gues 666 dollar) and we will all pay & buy.

YES!

Dichotomousdesigner
12-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Okay, so, I'm watching while David Cross talks to me, and I notice he can't quite get the F-bomb out. It sounds like he's scratching down a low E string with a razorblade and then with some techno beep-beeps thrown in. Oh wait. It was censored! I bought one copy from Hot Topic (I was desperate) and one at Best Buy (I was Christmas shopping) and both David Crosses do this. Now... I'm not buying clean and wholesome family rock and roll videos here. So kudos to them, if that was the joke. Right? Otherwise I want my damn money back.

Inner_Eulogy
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
After their next album and tour they'll release a monstrous 30-DVD box containing concert registration from since early as possible in their career (say 3 concert DVD's per album or so). Including 3 DVD's with shows they recorded but didn't tape (say Opiate area). Then they have a couple of DVD's (say 3) with unreleased and rare material. Then a DVD with their Tool Movie as they hinted at. Then a DVD with a documentary about Blair from Toolband.

And it will cost around 600-700 dollar (I gues 666 dollar) and we will all pay & buy.

You're out of your fucking mind. Put the crackpipe down

Rolo
12-27-2007, 10:39 AM

LOL!!!!!

Cheesegreater
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
It surprises there's less talk about the actual video, and more jerking off to the idea of live DVDs. Don't get me wrong, I get chills thinking about it, but I believe Vicarious could very well be their best video.

There's a lot of symbolism in this video. The eyes are truly a fundamental part in the direction of this video. In a lot of ways I feel that the faces coming from within the pupils represent the separation we feel when viewing life/death from a distance. There's a feeling that is really present while watching TV. It's that feeling of "My eyes have only seen this. This is not a real experience... This is not real." When we watch the news, one has to remember that there are certain realities being presented to us. Even the shows we watch are portraying REAL emotions and actions, although it may be acting or the news, we are tied to these programs emotionally. If you've ever cried when old yeller died, felt disgusted at the news, winced when someone dies in a movie, or got wood while watching a hot sex scene, you've experienced real life circumstances vicariously. What I believe this song is addressing is how we seem to replace real emotions and events experienced in first person, with the one's we experience third person while sitting on the couch staring into a box.

It's haunting how disconnected people feel from what we see on T.V. All of us really are one big net of being. The only thing we can know at any given moment is that we all are collectively and simultaneously occupying and sharing this space and time (Earth.) I find bringing Alex Grey's "Net of Being" painting to life to be a perfect fit for this video.

I think the moment of catharsis for the protagonist is really at the end of the video. I believe the event he sees vicariously is death. He stares into the T.V. like a zombie with no emotion in the face of death. I look at all the spheres of light in the "Net of Being" as being real experiences for this person. When the seed is planted in the light, everything changes for this person. They are now experiencing it. This character is actually experiencing death of the body, just as the other characters in the video do, the beetle and the huge hovering eye.

I'm a little tired now. I would write more, but I promise you that there are many layers of meaning to this video, and it is totally designed to be dissected. One has to admit that the end of this video is a goosebump inducing, epic moment of transcendance.

Inner_Eulogy
12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
It surprises there's less talk about the actual video, and more jerking off to the idea of live DVDs. Don't get me wrong, I get chills thinking about it, but I believe Vicarious could very well be their best video.

There's a lot of symbolism in this video. The eyes are truly a fundamental part in the direction of this video. In a lot of ways I feel that the faces coming from within the pupils represent the separation we feel when viewing life/death from a distance. There's a feeling that is really present while watching TV. It's that feeling of "My eyes have only seen this. This is not a real experience... This is not real." When we watch the news, one has to remember that there are certain realities being presented to us. Even the shows we watch are portraying REAL emotions and actions, although it may be acting or the news, we are tied to these programs emotionally. If you've ever cried when old yeller died, felt disgusted at the news, winced when someone dies in a movie, or got wood while watching a hot sex scene, you've experienced real life circumstances vicariously. What I believe this song is addressing is how we seem to replace real emotions and events experienced in first person, with the one's we experience third person while sitting on the couch staring into a box.

It's haunting how disconnected people feel from what we see on T.V. All of us really are one big net of being. The only thing we can know at any given moment is that we all are collectively and simultaneously occupying and sharing this space and time (Earth.) I find bringing Alex Grey's "Net of Being" painting to life to be a perfect fit for this video.

I think the moment of catharsis for the protagonist is really at the end of the video. I believe the event he sees vicariously is death. He stares into the T.V. like a zombie with no emotion in the face of death. I look at all the spheres of light in the "Net of Being" as being real experiences for this person. When the seed is planted in the light, everything changes for this person. They are now experiencing it. This character is actually experiencing death of the body, just as the other characters in the video do, the beetle and the huge hovering eye.

I'm a little tired now. I would write more, but I promise you that there are many layers of meaning to this video, and it is totally designed to be dissected. One has to admit that the end of this video is a goosebump inducing, epic moment of transcendance.

Sounds purdy darn good to me

12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
I would just download it to cheat Tool out of 666 dollars.

slamminsalmon
12-30-2007, 12:48 AM
It would be cool if they were immortal.

they arent?

this prolly isnt so far off.

people bought all those targets off his website.

ive said it in another thread.

if its a live dvd as cool as hallucinogenetics i would wait another 5 years.

as for the vicarious video. ive only watched it once since i bought it on the 18th. ill save the follow up viewing for my next LSD dose.

12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I can't wait to see it myself.

trey5winds
12-30-2007, 06:07 PM

I haven't thought about this video a lot, and I agree with most of what you're saying, so, I'll buy that for now.

I think the beginning and ending are rather somewhat ambiguous, but that the moment you mention at the end means the character ("Geoff", as David Cross calls him) does experience some sort of revelation or transformation, mentally if nothing else. Perhaps what we see at the end is really just symbolic as opposed to literal (it's neat what you can do with video and CG these days, no?), but it's still very real. And I believe it's very allegorical.

I've just really enjoyed watching it more than analysing it. But I like your analysis and it will figure into my thinking if I ever get around to doing my own. :-)

The only thing I haven't really figured out is why the land is so barren and dusty. I don't want to just assume anything about that. I wonder if it means the barrenness of the spirit rather than his planet - our world is so much richer than we ever think it is, both literally and metaphorically.

Thanks for this, all the same.

T5W

Rolo
12-31-2007, 02:22 AM
I want this Toolbox to happen

30 DVD's? C'mon you guys....

I want quality, not quanity -> 25 DVD's.....

12-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Who says the DVD's couldn't have staggering amounts of quality shit on each of them? lol

Rolo
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Shiiiiiiit, you got a point there..... :\

12-31-2007, 05:09 PM
But it's almost impossible, so I don't really.

Rolo
12-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll settle for one DVD.

Just a decent and real overview of their career. Nothing more, nothing less.
There will always be those who will criticise because they miss that one song....

01-01-2008, 12:49 AM
That's for true

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=swall;2310935]Ya, I kind of agree it will come after they are done touring. I don't think they want to put something out that might replace fans going to their live shows. QUOTE]

That doesn't make any sense....who in their right mind would stop going to see them live just because they have a DVD of live footage. The experience of seeing them live can barely be imitated let alone duplicated.

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Alright, so I finally watched everything on the DVD single...

...what a waste of 13 dollars.

I thought it was pretty damn cool. And if you're still planning on meeting San Pedro then the main menu screen is awesome to stare at.

Rolo
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
I thought that San Pedro dude was the guy that Madonna sang about on "la isla bonita" :)

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I thought that San Pedro dude was the guy that Madonna sang about on "la isla bonita" :)

You've lost me. And to be honest, you've also lost any support I had for you you Madonna listener you

Rolo
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
lol

I_E, you're almost in your 30's if i read correctly, so just must know this song too.

I'm no Madonna listener, but in the 80's their was no way to escape those awful songs.

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 01:54 PM
lol

I_E, you're almost in your 30's if i read correctly, so just must know this song too.

I'm no Madonna listener, but in the 80's their was no way to escape those awful songs.

Nah, I'll turn 30 next month. And even I do not know what that song has anything to do with the topic. I'm not even sure what song that is, however it's possible I'd recognize it if I heard it. I guess you're just a little more into Madonna than you're willing to admit. Yeah, I'll bet you got a nice pair of cone shaped titties in your closet.

Rolo
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'll bet you got a nice pair of cone shaped titties in your closet.

See! You're even worse than me. You even watched her videoclips!

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/madonna/la+isla+bonita_20086977.html

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
See! You're even worse than me. You even watched her videoclips!

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/madonna/la+isla+bonita_20086977.html

That's absurd

Mari Jaine
01-02-2008, 02:59 PM
LOL...the same people are always going off topic! Not complaining, just thought it was kind of funny.

I don't listen to Madonna either, but growing up in the 80s is something you won't forget really. I have to admit, I think that "Material Girl" is kind of a cute song.

Rolo
01-03-2008, 06:07 AM
It's not going off topic, it's people who don't get a joke.
Then the endless discussion over something irrelevant begins.

Inner_Eulogy
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM
It's not going off topic, it's people who don't get a joke.
Then the endless discussion over something irrelevant begins.

I wasn't aware we were being serious.

Rolo
01-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I wasn't aware we were being serious.

You tell me. It's your thread.

Inner_Eulogy
01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
You tell me. It's your thread.

I meant how you commented that some people cannot take a joke. I thought you were referencing you and I and our conversation/dispute.

If it helps, I'm usually only half serious.

Rolo
01-03-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't care if anyone has comment on a joke, it's quite fun sometimes, actually. But if it's beginning to become an issue on its own, things are out of controle and the fun ends. Then my serious half gets triggered and i'm focussing on the original thread again.

Don't get stuck in a joke/remark

Inner_Eulogy
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
What the fuck is this.

I'm not sure but I have no idea what the fuck he just said.

Rolo
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure but I have no idea what the fuck he just said.

"To understand others is truly a gift my friend"

Cheesegreater
01-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow... Me and like one guy are the only one's that have commented on the actual Vicarious music video.

The name of this thread should either be:

"I really want a live Tool DVD, and this is how I think they'll do it."

or

"Why I couldn't avoid hearing Madonna because I grew up in the 80's."

Inner_Eulogy
01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
"To understand others is truly a gift my friend"

Yeah, well I know myself so I'm divine. The exception to the rule of knowing others excludes idiots like yourself.

Inner_Eulogy
01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow... Me and like one guy are the only one's that have commented on the actual Vicarious music video.

The name of this thread should either be:

"I really want a live Tool DVD, and this is how I think they'll do it."

or

"Why I couldn't avoid hearing Madonna because I grew up in the 80's."

Hey, I started the damn thread regarding the actual DVD so kiss my ass =-P

Rolo
01-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Yeah, well I know myself so I'm divine. The exception to the rule of knowing others excludes idiots like yourself.

You're funny, dude. In your own divine little world.
Going through some side effects of your mescaline-experiment?

Inner_Eulogy
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
You're funny, dude. In your own divine little world.
Going through some side effects of your mescaline-experiment?

Yeah, unfortunately, once they wear off, you realize that there are still fucking morons like you in the world.

Rolo
01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Hahaha. Wanna see one more? Look in the mirror.

guitarguru85
01-05-2008, 05:34 PM
IE slips the jab...oh, and Rolo fails to connect with a looping left hook

guitarguru85
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
no offense intended, just having a little fun at both of your expenses. Isn't that what we are all here for anyway...amusement

guitarguru85
01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
You know what would be so much better than a live DVD or compilation of some sort. A full length film accompanied by a Tool soundtrack (ala "The Wall"). Between Adam's talent and Maynard's lyric writing ability, they could pull it off. The only problem is that it could potentially be deemed passe by a lot of critics and also that it would take an immense amount of effort by Maynard and the impression I get from him lately is that he wants to take 5 years writing lyrics and then just record an album, tour to support it, and then take a break and work on stuff that seems to mean more to him. I would love to see a full length film and soundtrack as their next work.

Rolo
01-06-2008, 06:38 AM
I've heard rumors about some sort of movieproject too. A soundtrack would be a nice add to it, i guess.

Inner_Eulogy
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
IE slips the jab...oh, and Rolo fails to connect with a looping left hook

Yeah well that comeback was indeed extremely weak

guitarguru85
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
yes. yes. it was not his best work.

guitarguru85
01-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Something similar to Led Zep's "The song remains the same" would be sweet.

MINUS THE FANTASY SEQUENCES. I don't want to know.

Yeah, although I had something more along the lines of "The Wall" or a less gay "Tommy" in mind. However, a Live DVD with behind the scenes footage and interviews would be really great.

I had in mind a feature film more like a longer version of Adam's videos. There would be characters, a storyline, and dialogue intermixed with Tool's music. I love to see that.

Rolo
01-07-2008, 12:58 AM
yes. yes. it was not his best work.

Let's just say that i don't think is worth the effort.

Inner_Eulogy
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM

Nothing you do or say really is. No arguments here.

guitarguru85
01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Since when do adam's videos have dialogue?

I never said that they did have dialogue. I meant to say that it could be like one of Adam's videos PLUS dialogue, defined characters, a storyline etc. That is what I meant to say but perhaps failed to express.

guitarguru85
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Agreed (not intending to burn I_E). Let's just say that too many people spend too much time harassing other people on this site, over often inconsequential and petty arguments, and it becomes a bit tiresome at times.

Rolo
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Agreed (not intending to burn I_E). Let's just say that too many people spend too much time harassing other people on this site, over often inconsequential and petty arguments, and it becomes a bit tiresome at times.

Yes.

Inner_Eulogy
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM

Shit, you couldn't burn me if you flew me through the center of the sun...son

guitarguru85
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Shit, you couldn't burn me if you flew me through the center of the sun...son

lmao

guitarguru85
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
wait...did you just burn me? Now it's on...

Inner_Eulogy
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
wait...did you just burn me? Now it's on...

lol, ya' gotta admit...it was pretty catchy

guitarguru85
01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah, that was a good one and I might have to steal that, use it, and pretend it was my own

guitarguru85
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Ah, understood.

Oh, and you should drop by a hospital, see if they have a BURN ward for ya

I did. They gave me ointment.

guitarguru85
01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Ointment is such a funny sounding word and one you don't get to use often.

Inner_Eulogy
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I use it more than most, I think.

"Dude, my tat's drying up, where's the fucking ointment!"

Yeah, I heard Rivek had his sister's face tattooed on his dick.

Rolo
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Let me guess; when he gets excited her mouth opens up and you can see her braces, right?

guitarguru85
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
and when it's cold out she looks like she just bit into a lemon

Mari Jaine
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
You boys really turn threads into something...not really worth reading. Still kind of funny though.

guitarguru85
01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
We are the spice of life

Mari Jaine
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
You just might be the spice of the Albums section on TDN...I don't know about life in general though. ;)

Rolo
01-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Huh? What are you talking about?

lol

Cheesegreater
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
By the way,

about the vicarious dvd.....

Yeah, no kidding.

I feel that the Vicarious video is their best one yet. Just throwing that out there.

The banter thrown back and forth on this thread is cute, but this has to be one of the least focused threads I've ever read. Three or four posts pertaining to the video, to how many others?

A lot of work and effort went into this video. It's a culmination of artists and ideas years in the making. I can see how it must be tiresome having the never-satisfied Tool listener as your main fan-base.

Props to Alex Grey and Adam Jones for their hard work!

Inner_Eulogy
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
The tattoo on my dick is I_E's mom's face actually

That was a lame comeback =-P

Inner_Eulogy
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
You boys really turn threads into something...not really worth reading. Still kind of funny though.

Possibly because you can only beat the dead horse of the same subjects so many times...nothing wrong with taking a break from the subject matter and tossing a few shit storms around.

Inner_Eulogy
01-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, no kidding.

I feel that the Vicarious video is their best one yet. Just throwing that out there.

The banter thrown back and forth on this thread is cute, but this has to be one of the least focused threads I've ever read. Three or four posts pertaining to the video, to how many others?

A lot of work and effort went into this video. It's a culmination of artists and ideas years in the making. I can see how it must be tiresome having the never-satisfied Tool listener as your main fan-base.

Props to Alex Grey and Adam Jones for their hard work!

I agree but I haven't seen you or anyone else say anything signifigant about it either, other than just complain that we're not. So if you want to complain, start a freaking topic about it worth talking about other than just, yeah man, it's cool.

Cheesegreater
01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I agree but I haven't seen you or anyone else say anything signifigant about it either, other than just complain that we're not. So if you want to complain, start a freaking topic about it worth talking about other than just, yeah man, it's cool.

Read my last two posts before making statements like that. I actually gave a really in depth look into it, dick. I didn't just say, "It's cool." so no more putting words in my mouth. I like you just fine, Inner. You give a good analysis when you feel like it. My first post on this thread I really tried to get some interaction from others, but it failed.

I have fond memories of sharing opinions here and really digging deep into the material. It seems like the fans view this video as just another mediocre music video that can be thrown in the trash with the rest of the music videos from 2007.

There's just so much to be talked about, and no one has tried to dig yet. What is the Net of Being and how does it relate to the protagonist? What is the symbolism being represented with the embryo growing inside his brain? What is the significance of the giant floating eye? What do the eyes within the eyes all mean? What's the deal with the sperm-like creature seeding the yellow orb? What's are yellow orbs all together?

I know there are answers to all those questions, but I don't want to pursue it further on this thread if I'd be doing nothing more than talking to myself.

Mari Jaine
01-13-2008, 07:13 AM
LOL ^

First of all, it's Inner's thread, so I think if he wants to go off topic, he can. Why not just make a thread of your own (Cheesegreater) to talk about the Vicarious DVD? What's wrong with talking about other stuff if there's not much else to say about the DVD anymore?

Possibly because you can only beat the dead horse of the same subjects so many times...nothing wrong with taking a break from the subject matter and tossing a few shit storms around.

I was just joking around, I agree with this. ^

Rolo
01-13-2008, 11:02 AM
There's just so much to be talked about, and no one has tried to dig yet. What is the Net of Being and how does it relate to the protagonist? What is the symbolism being represented with the embryo growing inside his brain? What is the significance of the giant floating eye? What do the eyes within the eyes all mean? What's the deal with the sperm-like creature seeding the yellow orb? What's are yellow orbs all together?

I know there are answers to all those questions, but I don't want to pursue it further on this thread if I'd be doing nothing more than talking to myself.

There are more threads that handle this topic.. "the 3 legged destroyer" is one of them.

Inner_Eulogy
01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Read my last two posts before making statements like that. I actually gave a really in depth look into it, dick. I didn't just say, "It's cool." so no more putting words in my mouth. I like you just fine, Inner. You give a good analysis when you feel like it. My first post on this thread I really tried to get some interaction from others, but it failed.

I have fond memories of sharing opinions here and really digging deep into the material. It seems like the fans view this video as just another mediocre music video that can be thrown in the trash with the rest of the music videos from 2007.

I really have no clue what a lot of it means, I've always been better at disecting the lyrics rather than the videos. But I'll give it a shot on some of these questions that I have at least an inkling of an idea:

Q) What is the Net of Being and how does it relate to the protagonist?
A) I think the net of being was just Alex's symbolism of how we are all connected, the many faces represents no matter how multi-faceted we are, we are all still connected. I'm not sure how it directly relates to the protagonist.

Q) What is the symbolism being represented with the embryo growing inside his brain?
A) I'm sure there's more to this but as of this moment I feel it represents one's inner child, your hopes and dreams.

Q) What is the significance of the giant floating eye?
A) Perhaps we are just one tiny organism within the entire cosmos or that we are all always being watched by a higher power.

Q) What do the eyes within the eyes all mean?
A) Perhaps symbolizing the difference between what we see at face value and what our true intuition coming from the "inner child" is aware of.

There's a few of them. I'm open to ideas.

Rolo
01-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Perhaps we are just one tiny organism within the entire cosmos or that we are all always being watched by a higher power.

I always thought our solar system resembled an atom with the sun as the nucleus and the planets as some sort of electroncloud around it. Maybe on a larger scale we really are a tiny aspect of something far bigger than we can imagine.

Rolo
01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Q) What do the eyes within the eyes all mean?
A) Perhaps symbolizing the difference between what we see at face value and what our true intuition coming from the "inner child" is aware of.

I also see a connection with the guy in the parabol/parabola video in this. I mean with his transformation in the end.

Rolo
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Q) What is the symbolism being represented with the embryo growing inside his brain?
A) I'm sure there's more to this but as of this moment I feel it represents one's inner child, your hopes and dreams.

I don't know exactly but i recall that you posted somewhere about the innocence of a child. Maybe it's a symbol of that. But we loose this while we absorb all the data, visions, impressions and much much more throughout our lives.

3poundsoflove
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
did any post the transcription of the commentaries by david cross somewhere in this community?

Inner_Eulogy
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I always thought our solar system resembled an atom with the sun as the nucleus and the planets as some sort of electroncloud around it. Maybe on a larger scale we really are a tiny aspect of something far bigger than we can imagine.

I've always imagined that as well. Our solar system is much like the atoms within our bodies and all living things, the sun is just one nuclei amongst the infinite body of the entire universe. And us monkeys tend to think the town or state we live in is big, HA

Inner_Eulogy
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
did any post the transcription of the commentaries by david cross somewhere in this community?

I haven't actually even listened to that yet

Rolo
01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I've always imagined that as well. Our solar system is much like the atoms within our bodies and all living things, the sun is just one nuclei amongst the infinite body of the entire universe. And us monkeys tend to think the town or state we live in is big, HA

And maybe we ourselves consist of atoms that contain "electrons/planets" which are populated by millions and millions of monkeys like us. Creepy...............

From now on, nobody is no longer alone anymore. We are our own GOD.

Inner_Eulogy
01-18-2008, 07:46 AM
I guess to maybe swerve this back onto my original topic a bit. Has anybody learned of or heard of any actual Easter Eggs on this DVD? You would think Tool of all bands would sneak soem shit like that in there.

Rolo
01-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Just watched the parabols video once more. Ever notice that once the flaming eye splits right before they dwell over the feet of the main character they are a blue and a violet eye?

I see a connection between the parabola video and the vicarious video. Maybe the vicarious video starts right at the point where parabola ended? The two eyes i mentioned earlier have evolved into the two wormly things that vision through the eyes of X? Seeming to be coloured blue and red (or violet).

I strongly believe that the person in parabola is in fact the same person that is central in the vicarious video.

Bogart
01-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Probably my favorite video of theirs...

๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
01-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Just watched the parabols video once more. Ever notice that once the flaming eye splits right before they dwell over the feet of the main character they are a blue and a violet eye?

I see a connection between the parabola video and the vicarious video. Maybe the vicarious video starts right at the point where parabola ended? The two eyes i mentioned earlier have evolved into the two wormly things that vision through the eyes of X? Seeming to be coloured blue and red (or violet).

I strongly believe that the person in parabola is in fact the same person that is central in the vicarious video.

yep. Well, I don't really believe the person is the same, but I believe the two organisms in the eyes are the "metaphoric evolution" of the eyes from Parabola.

Rolo
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
yep. Well, I don't really believe the person is the same, but I believe the two organisms in the eyes are the "metaphoric evolution" of the eyes from Parabola.

But it could be that the vicarious video is the continuing of the story.

Nikeda-Taylor
02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I hope so...eventually....and the dvd was awesome!!!!! xp

Inner_Eulogy
02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I hope so...eventually....and the dvd was awesome!!!!! xp

Shutup idiot, you run around and post the most insignifigant bullshit one liners everywhere you go. What are you 7yrs old with an IQ of -13??

Cheesegreater
02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Ahhh.... Inner being a dick again. TDN just wouldn't be the same without him cutting people down in his spare time, now would it?

Inner_Eulogy
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Ahhh.... Inner being a dick again. TDN just wouldn't be the same without him cutting people down in his spare time, now would it?

Whatever you say cheesedick

Tool_Is_Sick
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
lol Your on a rampage arent you man? I think you need to get laid or something bro.

Inner_Eulogy
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
lol Your on a rampage arent you man? I think you need to get laid or something bro.

I got laid last weekend

Tool_Is_Sick
02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
How was he?

It amazes me how people try so hard to get somekind of happymeal award by posting these stupid pointless immature jokes for our amusement. You try to insult someone over a fuckin computer by making a homosexual comment directed toward someone you dont even know because he put you in your place multiple fuckin times and your still trying to grow a brain. Grow the fuck up you little boy behind the computer screen.

Do yourself a favor and go help your mom bring in the groceries.

Inner_Eulogy
02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
You should be banished to Uriah world

Rolo
02-11-2008, 11:57 AM
you must be "HE"

Just shut the fuck up, whining toddler!

Unlike others who flame once in a while, you have been posting absolutely NOTHING that had any significant input to the album tread. Take your aim in the bin. That's where people like you belong.

cantkeepmeaway
02-11-2008, 02:34 PM
i like tool and that makes me cool

Rolo
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you for supporting my post.

Inner_Eulogy
02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Thank you for supporting my post.

LMAO

K4E2V0
03-23-2008, 04:50 AM
i grabbed dvd the day it came out,as always its great to get new stuff.its very well done and like all of their other vids this one left me pineing for more.one can never say that a certain video is their best,my fav is still prison sex.

Rolo
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Any progress on hidden items on this DVD, anyone?

Rolo
03-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I like the vid, but i'm still not convinced to waste valuable money on this DVD just for the clip and this documentary.

Rolo
03-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks on the advice, bro.

Rolo
03-25-2008, 08:30 PM
If you like the stereoscopic stuff its worth purchasing. The vid is great and the stereoscopic pics are nice. Some of the documentary was great and some was monotonous. I did enjoy listening to Alex Grey. While I am not into that metaphysical nonsense I think he is an extremely talented artist and seems like a quality human being. I agreed with his interpretation of Vicarious.Yeah, o.k. thanks on making that clear to me. Like i said, i've seen the video but the package itself... i dunno. I'll probably watch it a couple of times and after a few weeks it ends up somewhere gathering dust. I am more a musiclistener than i am a videowatcher, i guess. Maybe if there's ever, ever, ever is going to be a live-DVD release, i'll take go for that.

Nong
03-25-2008, 08:38 PM

I've always thought this as well. Have you ever heard of the electric universe theory? There is a documentary called Thunderbolts of the Gods. Pretty decent watch, though I'm not sure how much merit it holds. I'm not an astronomer. Check it out if you get time.

EDIT: I can't seem to figure out how to post a link. If you let me know I'll give a link to watch it.

Rolo
03-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Interesting stuff. You can just copy & paste any link you have. Just try it. I'm looking forward to this.

Nong
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Interesting stuff. You can just copy & paste any link you have. Just try it. I'm looking forward to this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4773590301316220374&q=electric+universe&total=378&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Yeah, doesn't work like it does for most forums. If there is a way to do it here, I'd be thankful for the help.

WTF, then it worked. Weird. Everytime I'd preview changes, and even after I posted it it wasn't showing the link. Then I went to edit and it was working.

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Don't... it's a waste of money. The documentary itself wasn't all that great either, unless you consider watching everyone involved with the video collectively suck Adam's cock for 45 minutes, wishing it were you, great entertainment. Which I don't. Apparently Archaic does though. I'm willing to bet tears were welling up in his eyes at the imagining of slobbing on Mr. Jones' knob...

Anyway, Rolo, it's a waste of hard-earned cash no matter how you slice it. Download a hi-def DVD rip, if it's just the video you're after.

It's only like $13.00, much less trouble to just buy it.

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm standing for the principle of not playing up to Maynard's capitalist wet dreams.

Wha', you didn't know that you were a part of his wet dreams?

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2008, 09:35 AM
said what?

Yeah Maynard told me he wakes up in a puddle of goo after dreaming of you...I told him I didn't wanna fucking hear it and if he says it again I'd punch him in the nuts

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Damn.

Tell Maynard I'll come to his house if he eliminates all traces of Puscifer.

Ha

Jean Baptiste Spears
03-28-2008, 07:27 AM
sometimes i like to read the threads from back to front and imagine they're going somewhere...

Inner_Eulogy
03-28-2008, 09:41 AM
sometimes i like to read the threads from back to front and imagine they're going somewhere...

Sometimes we like to see posters like yourself and pretend they actually have a brain

Jean Baptiste Spears
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
it was a joke.

Inner_Eulogy
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
it was a joke.

Likewise

Jean Baptiste Spears
03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
well sir, it wasn't very funny.

djibouti
03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Damn.

take it back

Rolo
03-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Damn.

Complete waste of time. He'll just make "The Undertaker remix # 26".