PDA

View Full Version : Extras

Rotating_Energy_Field
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
What did you all think of the documentary on Adam's work? I actually thought it was really good. I was expecting maybe a 10 or 15 minute piece of crap but it's actually 40 minutes long with some good insights into what Adam does as an individual artist.

The commentary, as usual is a piece of shit. There's no point in having anybody do commentary over the vides. If the band did it there would be no magic, no mystery left. To get a comedian to do it is probably a good idea on paper, but it just doesn't work. I haven't even listened to it all the way through and I don't intend to.

The storyboards are a nice little addition to the package as a whole and the little video of Alex Grey's COSM is pretty cool too.

Overall, I think we've actually got our money's worth this time around. Let's just hope they don't revert back to ripping us off with tokenistic remixes. This DVD is actually worth the £7.95 price tag, unlike Schism and Parabola.

praefector
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
7.95 pounds? thats like 17-18 bucks US ... you got gypped

anyhow, i agree with you about everything except the commentary gripe. i loved the commentaries on the schism and parabola dvds and the commentary on this one is good too.

mungbuddy
12-18-2007, 03:20 PM
The only thing I like on the commentary was when David Cross says..."who jerks off to this?" I lol'd....documentary was purty sweet, glad i didnt pay over 8 bucks for this though.

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I thought the commentary for the dvd was funny. I haven't really watched it though.

The commentary for Schism is still the most striking, in my opinion. Definatly illustrates where their schism lies.

"Who jerks off to this?"

Tool_Is_Sick
12-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I've realized that on the commentary pretty much everything dave "like the time dave floated away?" says..its irrelevant to video. but bits and peices are relevant (Just stating the obvious). Maybe this is done on purpose, Maybe, trying to convey that the video is just art and it doesnt have to mean anything at all. Just my take on it. Im happy with this video and the dvd packaging as well.

praefector
12-18-2007, 04:00 PM
i love that the commentary is david cross watching the video

its just a neat idea and his natural humor manages to make it worth listening to

lol @ him naming the eye things mandy and brandy and "out of his eye? REALLY, guys?"

and at him talking about how obvious the metaphors are

Mike187
12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
i was really hoping that the commentary was going to explain the video frame by frame, and what it all meant....

then i woke up!

who the fuck is david cross???

praefector
12-18-2007, 10:48 PM
who is david cross?... you have to be kidding

illdojo
12-18-2007, 11:19 PM
then i woke up!

who the fuck is david cross???

Are you serious?
If so, then you should go back to bed, idiot. :)

bozobuttz
12-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I just got done listening to the commentaries and I laughed my ass off!!! Not only was he (David Cross) funny, but he actually offered legit interpretations.

solidabyss
12-19-2007, 12:17 AM
commentary fucking rocked! both takes

"eyes coming out of eyes" "this is some real trippy shit, burning man stuff"

i dont see how no one likes lustmord, i know its not traditional music but come on, if anyone did tool covers i wouldnt want it to be anyone else but lustmord.... or led zeppelin

Drawn Under
12-20-2007, 08:46 PM
although led zeppelin is grand, I dont even think they could do tool covers.

dancingflame
12-21-2007, 05:24 AM
covers???

DON IOTAE
01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
The commentary, as usual is a piece of shit. There's no point in having anybody do commentary over the vides. If the band did it there would be no magic, no mystery left. To get a comedian to do it is probably a good idea on paper, but it just doesn't work. I haven't even listened to it all the way through and I don't intend to.

I actually liked David Yow's commentary on Schism. Funny as hell. I think that's what they had in mind when they wanted a funny pointless commentary on the song. It's just making good fun of commentaries in general.

But this one with David Cross is sooooo lame and pathetic.

dancingflame
01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
i think the point with the commentaries is to show that anyone can say anything about it...without being wrong or right...just my stupid opinion

Ravenpig
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I agree with that. It invites you to "Think For Yourself".

DON IOTAE
01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Of all, the most pointless one was precisely Yow's

Buddie
01-15-2008, 07:49 PM
David Cross is a comedian for those who don't know.

And I apologize to those who get there intelligence attacked by these cretins who check wikipedia to find out who he is and then criticize others for not knowing.

iAMtheMA!
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
it's not like it's a "piece of shit" ...it's more like you're just not getting it, and it's certainly not going to be "obvious" (as stated within the doc), so please be unwilling to sell this band, adam jones, and commentary by (decade-long+?/tight compinion) david cross ...short.

DON IOTAE
01-16-2008, 06:30 AM
David Cross is a comedian for those who don't know.

this bit of information does not make the commentary experience any better.

it's not like it's a "piece of shit" ...it's more like you're just not getting it, and it's certainly not going to be "obvious" (as stated within the doc), so please be unwilling to sell this band, adam jones, and commentary by (decade-long+?/tight compinion) david cross ...short.

I hate how I need to re-read your posts to make some sense out of them...