PDA

View Full Version : Live Footage?

euphorias_prisoner
12-18-2007, 01:20 PM
A review on amazon says theres live concert footage, but it seems to be complete bullshit.

Hodge
12-18-2007, 01:21 PM
ya maynard wrote that so they'd sell more copies

Chris_Brightwell
12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
A review on amazon says theres live concert footage, but it seems to be complete bullshit.

I believe that I called "BS!" when those were first mentioned here.

euphorias_prisoner
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
ya maynard wrote that so they'd sell more copies

i doubt that he's already making enough money from caduceus and the puscifer merch to buy a small country. maybe it was adam, lmao.

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
I found the footage.

Its excellent!

liecheatnsteal
12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I found the footage.

Its excellent!

Some people think they are so funny....but you are FULL of it....

And Maynard is spending Christmas at my house....

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Some people think they are so funny....but you are FULL of it....

And Maynard is spending Christmas at my house....

The only thing I am full of is X-Mas cheer.

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Do you want me to tell you how to unlock it or not?

Rotating_Energy_Field
12-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you want me to tell you how to unlock it or not?

Yes please. Provided that it isn't BS.

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
It takes some practice.... But ok.

Have you ever heard of "Remote Viewing"? Well Wiki it or something if you haven't.
Wait until the next live show, and do it. You could always go to a previous show too if ya want... It IS possible... However, much more difficult than viewing the present. Alot of static gets in the way. T00L usually starts about 8pm. Mark it on your calendar!

Or you could always turn off your T.V., close your eyes, and watch it. Can't really get more "live" than that!

Cheers.

T3rdEyeVisual
12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
how long did it take you to write that post? Ask for that time back.

praefector
12-18-2007, 04:02 PM

pwn

imaduh
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
apparently there's some anomolay on the menu screen under the black sun,
and the number six is a hidden chapter file when placed into a computer...
or so the dungeons of the internet say..

lotus.
12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
So Maynard wants to play hardball eh? Maybe if you view the menu with 3D glasses it will appear, thats what I'm thinking.

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM

Less than a minute. I can spare it to jerk you around. I have no regrets.

dj_philharmonic
12-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Yeeeeah big surpize.. Its hard to get away from corporate crap.
i 'm glad its the 18th. Vicarious Video .. sound sweet. Thankz for heads upp
props to you and yer network of toolies
peece

Khastra_KSC
12-18-2007, 05:05 PM

And just FYI... I wasn't talking about time travel. I was simply talking about viewing something in real time w/o "physically" being there?

I can't explain it very well.

Go read a book noob. Lulzzzzz..... Vicarius is teh shiz!

solidabyss
12-19-2007, 12:22 AM
if you only look through the red lense you can see a secret menu option on the screen on the top left, pretty cool shit

makdaddynuge
12-19-2007, 01:05 AM
your full of it

seemyshadowchanging
12-19-2007, 05:27 AM
apparently there's some anomolay on the menu screen under the black sun,
and the number six is a hidden chapter file when placed into a computer...
or so the dungeons of the internet say..

I was looking at the video on the computer myself and Ive also seen where when you scroll the hand icon over the middle of the screen,there is a place you can click on.I dont know if this means anything or not.One other funny thing was that when the main menu screen comes,if you dont click anything,the worms are not lit up where you can select them,I wonder if this is a starting point to find the hidden stuff.

mosvar
12-19-2007, 09:17 AM

Bravo

imaduh
12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Seems the tool spastic eye logo at the startup is our "missing title six" and the other "anomolies" are there "just cause".

distantthud
12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Frankly, I'm getting agitated about this live footage hoax, and if it does indeed turn out to be (sigh) bullshit, then I have an open question for Tool and their sloshy and lushy representive Blair. It's only a joke, when the band itself says something to be untrue, not when some guy mentions it for you in all caps. LIVE FOOTAGE. The question is why? Are you trying to alienate the dedicated? Because this hoax won't necessarily drive new fans away. It's just going to intrigue them to keep going on their Tool quests. For me, this is like spending hours on a car's body kit, only to fuck it up before you get all the way out of the driveway. Tool kinda fucked up here. Not so much in the fact that they let that pale, ballpark frank looking alcoholic author (which is only a romantic idea AFTER they blast themselves with a shotgun or perish in a boating accident, when you're alive - and drunk - then it's just dickheaded) spew selling points, but in the fact that you essentiually authorized this mean trick by not saying anything.

Look, Tool is a market, we all know that, so, if you've already made the jump (i.e. showcasing your entire underground crew in a documentary, selling doodles, and spitting out newer and newer T-Shirts) then give your goddamned fanbase a bone. You have to be there to experience Tool live, blah fucking blah, I have been there! We had perfect seats, we roared, we held up our lighters, and all that fantastic shit, but burning Allah would you just grant us the opporutnity to dole out more CASH (for that movie someday, Adam) for a bit of that live experience to enjoy in our pot dens?

(Sigh) The humor's not lost on us, and I suppose I'm weak enough to keep the faith for the remainder of Tool's career, but lord o fucking lord, would you just do this one thing for us? I've got the shirts, the albums, and the stubs, give me my, give me my fucking live footage. You can't return integrity at Best Buy, at least if it's been opened.

deps
12-19-2007, 06:30 PM
^--- nuff said.

evlcookie
12-19-2007, 06:48 PM
If u want to know if there is live footage on the dvd or not, then check. explore the dvd contents on your pc, video_ts folder, and inside you should see .vob files. These are your videos. Open them in whatever it is that you used to play the dvd and check em all out.

I will try this out once i get the dvd, hopefully tomorrow.

MacFoley
12-20-2007, 05:01 AM
distantthud - i DONT recall TOOL saying or anyone else saying that there WILL be live footage included on the vicarious DVD single.

just fucking chill out will you?

this all started from an amazon review and you are asking TOOL questions?

get a fucking grip boy!

do you really think YOU deserve LIVE video footage, because you have the T-shirts, albums, etc etc??????

kaiowas_is
12-20-2007, 06:27 AM
could also check the size of the dvd, find out where the most space is coming from and open it up. and u should be able to paly .vob files with vlc.

praefector
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
wtf is the deal with the uproar over live footage

go see them live

webaries.com
12-20-2007, 05:28 PM
id like to hear the cover of holiday in cambodia with jello biafra on vocals from the frisco show.

distantthud
12-21-2007, 10:15 PM
distantthud - i DONT recall TOOL saying or anyone else saying that there WILL be live footage included on the vicarious DVD single.

just fucking chill out will you?

this all started from an amazon review and you are asking TOOL questions?

get a fucking grip boy!

do you really think YOU deserve LIVE video footage, because you have the T-shirts, albums, etc etc??????

It was on ToolArmy and now it's not, what is anybody going to do? And YES, I do deserve it. I wasn't refrencing Amazon, I don't visit Amazon, I was talking about the Blair Bitch's own typed words. Does anybody else remember this? It wasn't that long ago. I'm chilled now. Ice chilled.

jerico v
12-21-2007, 10:30 PM
i remember it. i was disappointed when i couldn't find it, too. and i never read the amazon reviews.

Chris_Brightwell
12-21-2007, 11:02 PM
And YES, I do deserve it.

LMAO.

No, you don't.

Kody27
12-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I remember Tool saying that they were going to release a dvd with live footage on it, but decided not to near the end because it would be too normal just to have another band's concert on dvd...that's when adam said something about turning their efforts towards a movie and maybe doing the soundtrack for it, like a surrealistic tool movie of some kind...does this clarify why tool said there would be live footage on the dvd, but obviously it's not on the vicarious dvd.

MacFoley
12-22-2007, 05:27 AM
It was on ToolArmy and now it's not, what is anybody going to do? And YES, I do deserve it. I wasn't refrencing Amazon, I don't visit Amazon, I was talking about the Blair Bitch's own typed words. Does anybody else remember this? It wasn't that long ago. I'm chilled now. Ice chilled.

ok!

no worries!

in a way dont you think its cool there is (of yet) no live footage of tool on dvd? i mean it all adds up to the whole tool thing. if they were to release a live dvd, wouldnt that break the TOOL? like for them to appear in their video's? or them on the front of their cd's?

sober from reading festival is THE only pro shot footage of the band up to this day live, and in a way i hope it stays that way.

maybe they will do a live dvb, but instead of seeing them play, you get te music live, in 5.1 but you see the screens, as what you would see if you saw them live. the screens!

that would be cool.

godhenry
12-22-2007, 12:56 PM
i like it how there are always two sides to everything Tool does =) Keep arguing people because it's surely entertaining. I mean that sincerely.

distantthud
12-22-2007, 02:59 PM
LMAO.

No, you don't.

Uh, YEAH, I do! I do, I do, I do, I do, I do!!

distantthud
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
ok!

no worries!

in a way dont you think its cool there is (of yet) no live footage of tool on dvd? i mean it all adds up to the whole tool thing. if they were to release a live dvd, wouldnt that break the TOOL? like for them to appear in their video's? or them on the front of their cd's?

sober from reading festival is THE only pro shot footage of the band up to this day live, and in a way i hope it stays that way.

maybe they will do a live dvb, but instead of seeing them play, you get te music live, in 5.1 but you see the screens, as what you would see if you saw them live. the screens!

that would be cool.

No, it wouldn't break the Tool, provided that they did it in a Tool way.

Bottom line Tool is not God, I'm allowed to question them too. And even bottomer, Tool is a fucking band, not an entity, not a shrine. They are four guys with similar view points and similar talent. That's it! That's ALL they are. It's the interests and hobbies that they have that form a gateway into the hidden aspects of life. It's a wonderful life, but a life where a bunch of smug motherfuckers clash over what Tool would approve of.

Tool is not special. They are a fucking wicked band and even Trey Anastasio would tell you to check out their live show, but they are not deities. Tool can afford a DVD as part of their catalogue. Shit, they do fucking stickers and hats, don't they?

roylek
12-22-2007, 09:05 PM
No, it wouldn't break the Tool, provided that they did it in a Tool way.

Bottom line Tool is not God, I'm allowed to question them too. And even bottomer, Tool is a fucking band, not an entity, not a shrine. They are four guys with similar view points and similar talent. That's it! That's ALL they are. It's the interests and hobbies that they have that form a gateway into the hidden aspects of life. It's a wonderful life, but a life where a bunch of smug motherfuckers clash over what Tool would approve of.

Tool is not special. They are a fucking wicked band and even Trey Anastasio would tell you to check out their live show, but they are not deities. Tool can afford a DVD as part of their catalogue. Shit, they do fucking stickers and hats, don't they?

yes they do

distantthud
12-23-2007, 01:49 AM
This man knows what's up.

But he still doesn't deserve live footage.

Seriously, I do. I've sacrificed living things. Cute living things.

ThirdEyeSeed
12-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Seriously, I do. I've sacrificed living things. Cute living things.

. . . My dog ate my gecko once.

Sp00k
12-23-2007, 01:01 PM
id like to hear the cover of holiday in cambodia with jello biafra on vocals from the frisco show.

There is a torrent out there with this show. Go download it. Sounds like Jello has gained 100 lbs since the 80's and after singing this one song, he needs a respirator and a box of ding dongs.

praefector
12-23-2007, 02:43 PM
wouldnt that break the TOOL? like for them to appear in their video's?

dude, you lose

no live dvd for you

Drawn Under
12-23-2007, 07:57 PM
i think it would be awesome to get a live dvd but unrealistic although there is a small chance that maybe there is some obscure code one must enter on the remote of a dvd player to find a live song or two and hopefully someone will discover it but until then, I guess we are stuck with 57 second long blurry and shakey youtube videos haha. oh and praefector nice signature w/ the incubus lyrics!

hybridevil
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
has anyone tried anything regarding the number 23 to try and unlock anything?

just a thought.

Emericana
12-23-2007, 10:41 PM
There is a torrent out there with this show. Go download it. Sounds like Jello has gained 100 lbs since the 80's and after singing this one song, he needs a respirator and a box of ding dongs.

i saw jello do his spoken word gig he has been doing recently around a year and a half ago or so... he HAS gained about 100lbs since the 80s lol... kinda sad

rogerdoger
12-24-2007, 05:43 PM
The version that Alex Grey is selling from his website (The signed copies) claim to have a few bonus tracks. I ordered this the other day, and maybe, just maybe the "extra tracks" will be live.

Juzblome
12-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Getting there.

But...

Wouldn't it have been far less disturbing to just sneak a camera to a Tool show?

That wouldn't be "TOOL" quality.

I've seen youtube videos, and they all suck compared to what could be available.

but I'm a stickler for good audio, and video too.