PDA

View Full Version : This song is a Mushroom Trip

Failed_Reflection
08-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Personally, Parabola reminds me of tripping on mushrooms, being that they very accurately describe what you feel when your on them in this song. People often describe these trips as holy experiences. Also, I have never felt pain while on mushrooms, you often have out-of body experiences (This body holding me)(All this pain is an Illusion).

Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this

That is describing a mushroom trip.

sircorn
09-15-2003, 12:24 PM
true, but now that you got the obvious meaning down try for the subliminal one ;)

Mehhico
09-22-2003, 09:47 PM
you should check out bill hicks describing his experience after a heroic dose of 5 grams.. check out what he had to say.... this is part of the answer to what parabola is about.

Yes, I thought about that after reading the first post aswell. I found the post script to that extract rather funny. You know........................."Yeah, I can see why the governments cracking down!! Whats gonna happen to the Arms industry when we find out that we are all one? Its gonna stuff up the economy. The economy thats fake anyway!" (I probably shouldn't have quoted that because I was working from memory and it is definately not an exact quote).

Kind regards,
Andy

thewayuwhisper
10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
this song describes shrooms to a tee. Especially when you listen to it while you're trippin. best thing ever!

EuphoricBlue
10-26-2003, 02:15 PM
You guys dont even know. I have it Live in Fresno (recorded for DVD) and the end Danny goes off like a fuckin robot. I would be peaking just dancing like Ive never danced. Bill hicks, Leary intro..
Really think what TooL is all about. I believe with all that is me that this album is somewhat channeled from their higher selves in the higher realm, manifestations of what happens when 4 people create ALOT of magickal power through the tool of the future.... Mushrooms, baby.

Heres a quote from a channeling website. This gives me chills...

"The Nine Elders, as you will see, wish to awaken what lies deep within our cellular memory and they convey our lessons within a frequency of love. ---!!!We will also learn of one unique soul family, incarnate now on the earth plane, through whose experiences you will learn of ancient tradition, universal law and the nature of the cosmos.!!!--- So many have returned at this moment to create new outcomes, and to help you remember, as the end of this spiral of time approaches. These souls and many others are the wayshowers; those that will help guide us into the next world. "

Its time to wake up... and the video says it all..... Im soooo joyfull that they made that with Alex Grey, and represents what we will ALL begin to realize, that we are all ONE.

Chad

thewayuwhisper
10-28-2003, 04:12 PM
that quote's pretty interesting euphoric. I would love to check out the full site. Mushrooms, when in the right mindframe can provide a sense of clarity unlike anything else. It's almost like you can't help but feel connected.

EuphoricBlue
10-29-2003, 01:12 PM
For real. Its like upgrading to Cable never thinking anything was more real than dial-up. I've lived years in one night, so I think thats an acurate analogy. People who cant hang with life sober should never do them. They are for the seekers, so that they may brind 'The/A' message back. Seeing as how we hear this song, its aparent TooL did a good job of that!!! To really understand this song you must put your heart in the Ultimate Reality and feel the language that the song is trying to talk to your higher self. I know that sounds odd but the future is us communicating in new ways that dont require the old, deceased ways of never imagining humans evolving through such substances (that have helped us evolve in the past (Mckenna, citing mushrooms as the Missing Link)) and music. With the combo that this band has put together and figured out, its no wonder they will and are leading the way into the future/unknown.

Chad

Talonwulf
02-15-2004, 02:41 PM
i think its kinda sad having to take drugs just to interpret a song. Fucking dumbasses. Yea lets take drugs so we can be smarter. Ever heard the song first it giveth then it taketh away by QOTSA? Theyre not exactly a band that give lots of meanings in their songs but this one speaks the truth

U may feel as tho ur smarter, more creative etc. at first when on drugs. Then after a few years it takes it away and ur left like a dumb fuck.

Some may say the video of sober is about the same thing. Id agree with that.

Come on guys jsut cos u take drugs doesnt mean u should post it like "wooow man im fucking hardcore i take drugs when i listen to tool" or "drugs help in interpreting things".
It just doesn work. If u fuck, wank or take drugs during a song u like, of course ur gonna relate that to whatever u just done. Everyone ive seen saying "its about sex" mention "it feels great when im having sex and lsitening to the song" as if "that must be it! cos it made it feel better!"

Ur getting a third eye alright. But its replacing ur brain. No brain, u cant function eyes

Phosphoros
02-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Third eye? there are other ways to work on your pineal gland and "open your third eye" and believe me, they work better: you loose less and gain more. I remember someone told me once (actually it was my sifu (yeah, I know I speak a lot about him, but he's my fucking hero!) a guy named Yu Li Guang, while riding him to where he should give them Wu Shu (kung fu) classes he started to yell things in chinese, so they stopped the car, he calmed down, and after asking him by signs why did he act like a fucking crazy he just pointed at the way and the saw how the cargo of a great truck flipped down and fell into the way, if they were there, they would certainly died. When they arrived to the "dojo" (don't know how to call it, so I'll call it like that) the old man told the translator to tell them (my sifu and his friends) that he had developed that ability with hard work and that anybody determined to do it, could work on it and achieve their goal.
Perhaps you don't give a shit, but I like to share this experiences...

Wu-Li Novice
02-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Just because he writes lyrics to something doesnt mean he has done it himself.
He could be speaking from his imagination and not from experience.

Or making singing from the perspective of a soul or somekind.

Something!

Talonwulf
02-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Third eye? there are other ways to work on your pineal gland and "open your third eye" and believe me, they work better: you loose less and gain more. I remember someone told me once (actually it was my sifu (yeah, I know I speak a lot about him, but he's my fucking hero!) a guy named Yu Li Guang, while riding him to where he should give them Wu Shu (kung fu) classes he started to yell things in chinese, so they stopped the car, he calmed down, and after asking him by signs why did he act like a fucking crazy he just pointed at the way and the saw how the cargo of a great truck flipped down and fell into the way, if they were there, they would certainly died. When they arrived to the "dojo" (don't know how to call it, so I'll call it like that) the old man told the translator to tell them (my sifu and his friends) that he had developed that ability with hard work and that anybody determined to do it, could work on it and achieve their goal.
Perhaps you don't give a shit, but I like to share this experiences...

So ur belieing what this guy told u? Sorry i really dont know what the hell that had to do with gaining a third eye. Or about the third eye at all. Or have it be about drugs. Was it random? Gaining your third eye does take time and effort, but it isnt something u "work hard at". Its something uve just got to realise. Theres no physical effort involved what so ever [unless u count meditating]. Sorry but i think i might not be getting the point.... r u saying having a third eye lets u see into the future? Cos technically ur showing the complete opposite of having a third eye by saying u believed what this guy told u.

s62
02-25-2004, 12:23 PM
You're an idiot, talonwolf. The band PROMOTES the use of psychedelics, they incorporate PSYCHEDELIC art created by a man who in turn PROMOTES the use of psychedelics. They are fans of Bill Hicks, another person who PROMOTES the use of psychedelics. Psychedelics are proven ways to induce ego-loss and mystic-like experiences, and it is believed that the spiritual experience of transcedance, and of enlightenment (esp. Buddhism), are very similar to the psychedelic experience of LSD, DMT, psilocybin (mushrooms), etc. Maynard has made reference to his own psychedelic use, and the experience in general. Don't down on something you aren't comfortable with, or something that you haven't tried, and thus, don't understand.

Suso22
03-04-2004, 08:36 AM
I think Talonwulf was on the right track with his QOTSA example, they Rawk by the way. Some drugs, do initially provide for change of perspective/consciousness by way of enlightening the user instantly...but that insight needs to be applied in a sober context perhaps, in order for the person to achieve anything positive from the experience. So, I guess what I'm saying is that drugs are best when experienced through a stop-then-start cycle so that it doesn't become a burden on your lifestyle...but at least help one achieve a sense of enlightenment...which I believe, is important in one's mental well-being.

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Um...l don't know about that.

Suso22
03-08-2004, 01:28 PM
You don't know about what? Please, enlighten me.

AllforUnity
03-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Doing drugs on that type of cycle...l don't think you should do drugs at all.

Suso22
03-10-2004, 05:24 AM
I don't really do drugs, I just puff. In moderation and strictly for recreation, it is nowhere near as physically harmful as some other vices out there.

Suso22
03-10-2004, 05:28 AM
What I was getting at with that post was the idea of my personal experience when I take time off of my recreational herb, like a week or two, the return is that much more of an intense and eye-opening high....However, this shouldn't be interpreted as an advertisement for herb smoking--its just my two cents is all.

AnemicDisposition
03-10-2004, 11:53 AM
an epiphany is certain, but the use of a specific phsycedelic drug is a little hazy. but the feeling still permeates regardless of the source

AllforUnity
03-10-2004, 12:53 PM
l wish this were still the first page so l could see what you're talking about.

AnemicDisposition
03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
im not too sure myself

Talonwulf
03-10-2004, 03:57 PM
s62 ur an idiot. Im laughing right now at your utter stupidity.

From what your saying it seems that you think its ok to take drugs cos maynard does. Fucking hell ur a dipshit. I dont give a shit if Maynard takes drugs or not. You know what else maynard says? THINK for yourself. And hey, Bill Hicks said that as well. Hey look, im thinking for myself, opening my own damn opinion on something and not following someone elses opinions like a bleating sheep. And no, im not following that from what maynard and Bill have said, i was clever enuf to figure it out myself.

Before you call me an idiot u should realise that ur not fully getting the point of Tool either. Do you know jack shit about drugs? If u do, and say its good, thats cos u r on drugs. Believe me, it may seem good now, but wait fucking 10 years and the paranoia sinks into ur skull and makes ur brain into mush. Not a fact? Believe it.

And may I also add, sumtimes some people dont need drugs to lose their ego problems and become open minded. What does alcahol do to u? Makes u pissed, vulnerable, easily manipulated. In the mornign u wake up feeling shit, u dont have a clue what u were up to last night. You call that a good thing for your mind? Buuut this aint about alcahol. All i know i dont need maynard telling me that drugs are ok, i dont need you whining that i dont take drugs, i dont need jack shit from any junkass ****** with no job and who is as ignorant as a parasite who gets money from idiots like you using their tools of "pleasure".... that are usually mixed with rat poison.

But whatever. Sheep.

baaaaaaaa

chesus
03-14-2004, 03:21 PM
"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor: Go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cd's and burn em'. Cause you know what? The musicians who've made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years... RRRRRRRRRRRRReal fuckin high on drugs."

-Bill Hicks from Third Eye

africanherbsman
03-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Talonwulf,
You are using stereotypes for drug users. Not all people who do drugs are without jobs, nor are they all worthless pieces of shit. I hope you realize this, and you are just not mentioning it to make a point. However, I agree with you about not doing drugs just because Maynard does. Basically I am saying chill out and don't make asumptions about drug users.

Snakesnug
03-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Do you know jack shit about drugs? If u do, and say its good, thats cos u r on drugs. Believe me, it may seem good now, but wait fucking 10 years and the paranoia sinks into ur skull and makes ur brain into mush. Not a fact? Believe it.

i dont take drugs, i dont need jack shit from any junkass ****** with no job and who is as ignorant as a parasite who gets money from idiots like you using their tools of "pleasure".... that are usually mixed with rat poison.

lol. Oh yea thanks for using the word "******". It is good to see you are "Open Minded" by using such a degrading, anti-everything word. Im sure your third eye was happy about that one.
Oh yea if you dont do drugs, than how can u know if you become a burnout after 10 years. where the fuck did 10 years come from. please fill me in.
LSD is not mushrooms. Alcohol is not mushrooms. they are created by man for social conformity and anti-advancement.
Get fucked you ass!

Suso22
03-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Woah--Remember, too much of anything can be bad. Remember also that anything in moderation can be good. These statements can be applied to drug use. Oh yeah, what was that social conformity thing again??--snakesnug?