PDA

View Full Version : alt. version

bbeyer
12-11-2007, 04:37 PM
i found an alternate version of merkaba on P2P and it doesnt sound like a bootleg. it sounds like its recorded off the soundboard, anybody know about this?

Chris_Brightwell
12-11-2007, 06:50 PM
It's probably just a REALLY good audience recording.

Aganar
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
There are one or two live shows, IIRC, which were actually soundboarded and leaked into the bootleg market. I've got one show myself which is confirmed to have been from a soundboard in 1998 (around the time they were doing the alternate version of Pushit and Merkaba), though Merkaba isn't on that particular one.

Chris_Brightwell
12-12-2007, 12:05 AM
There's only one non-'93 soundboard that I know of.

The Merkaba in question is most likely from a bootleg commonly known as "Dirge" or "Third Leg" and often mislabeled as being on 12/12/96 in Houston.

bbeyer
12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
is merkaba even the same every time they play it, or is it an improvational solo type thing?

also are they planning on releasing any live cd's /dvd's? i was at a 10,000 days show and there were ambient mics set up near the sound guys. a dvd collection would be great, i dont know why they have to be the way they are, discreet and not willing to release too much to the public, i guess they are such perfectionists that they dont want people to end up with a crappy DVD, like some live dvds i have owned. (for example audioslave live in cuba....sucked. )

1350 Days
12-12-2007, 04:11 PM
is merkaba even the same every time they play it, or is it an improvational solo type thing?

also are they planning on releasing any live cd's /dvd's? i was at a 10,000 days show and there were ambient mics set up near the sound guys. a dvd collection would be great, i dont know why they have to be the way they are, discreet and not willing to release too much to the public, i guess they are such perfectionists that they dont want people to end up with a crappy DVD, like some live dvds i have owned. (for example audioslave live in cuba....sucked. )

From what I gathered, it's mainly improv. Any time they play Sober, they usually play Merkaba in some sort of shape or form and it really doesn't sound the same way twice. There are some shows though were Sober was played and the only thing from Merkaba is the 3-note progression that Adam plays before the song ends.

Esurient4Truth
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
From what I gathered, it's mainly improv. Any time they play Sober, they usually play Merkaba in some sort of shape or form and it really doesn't sound the same way twice. There are some shows though were Sober was played and the only thing from Merkaba is the 3-note progression that Adam plays before the song ends.

Before that, Sober was played with an organ like intro.

i found an alternate version of merkaba on P2P and it doesnt sound like a bootleg. it sounds like its recorded off the soundboard, anybody know about this?

You may have the Kalamazoo one (if it has the Leary intro). I'm not sure of the other soundboard (isn't it from the lateralus era?), but if someone has it, PM me please.

Otherwise, no Merkaba I've heard is as good as the Salival version - soundboard, audience recording, or not.