PDA

View Full Version : saw-blade eyes

dissociation
12-04-2002, 05:32 PM
all of you are familiar with the saw-blade design both in the booklet and on the cd. however, why a saw? it's funny, because earlier i posted that the sound at the beginning of the grudge sounded like a saw. any connection?

IC
12-05-2002, 11:26 AM
Well, I dont hink its a sawblade design. Although it does look like one. I figure it a circle, as all life flows in a circle.
In the begining of the Grudge, I could swear, and turn the volume all the way up it sounds like someone flicking a switch to turn on a whole bunch of generators.

Paladin
12-05-2002, 12:42 PM
it does sound like a switch being turned on, but it sounds like it could be the recording equipment, or one of those old synths danny has. i do recall seeing a pic onthe official tool site with an old synth, in the photos taken during the recording of lateralus. also, the back of the cd reminds me of the layout of an analog synth.

Peon
12-07-2002, 09:21 AM
I think your saw blade quandry can be answered with a quick trp to "Transfigurations". "The saw blade represents the primordial spirit of emptiness and awarness."