PDA

View Full Version : Purple Man

IC
12-04-2002, 03:28 PM
What is that thing he is holding? It looks like a nail clipper.
Actually, it reminds me of a story with a symbolic needle used to draw soul out of someone selling it. Plus, is that maynard?
(nice suit)

Lachrym
12-04-2002, 06:50 PM
I think it is a scalpel, like in operations and stuff. I think it is supposed to be what he used to "pry" open his third eye.

swaps
12-04-2002, 07:27 PM
From the super-informative TDN FAQ:

G11. Who's that blue man?
It's a sculpture by Adam; the man has used that scalpel to open his "third eye" ("bright, blue, shimmering"). The face is based on a mold of Adam's face.

</TDN FAQ>

Cardboard standee versions of the sculpture were produced as music store displays when Ænima was released.

mike tyson
12-06-2002, 12:49 PM
At first when I saw this picture I thought he was holding a lit match for some reason but then I read the FAQ, as already mentioned, it states it is a scalpel in the statues hand to pry his third eye open. I was thinking of getting this as a tatoo, but I think I might just design some of my own artwork instead for my first tat. Perhaps a man with an opened third eye and the colourful eye from the Lateralus artwork in his hand, or something similar, but I know I want to design it myself.