PDA

View Full Version : whats the next step?

rembrandt_q_einstein
11-25-2007, 02:14 AM
after you eliminate the shadow, what is the next step?

im just curious cuz i think i did eliminate my shadow (except for maybe one slight detail). any contributions would be helpful here thanx.

rembrandt_q_einstein
11-25-2007, 09:04 PM
oh, thats right. ben said. half a man walks with no shadow. fuckin a

rembrandt_q_einstein
11-26-2007, 12:01 AM
well either way. its gone. what can i do now?

move forward

CrazyDiamond1985
11-26-2007, 01:13 AM
i think it's impossible to get rid of your shadow. it represents your subconcious and unconscious thoughts, and i think it's pretty impossible to surface all those thoughts.

anyway, the next step would be studying chemistry, mathematics, micro biology, nano technology, DNA technology,... and find a way to modify a new pair of chromosomes that will produce new proteins that will make us bigger, stronger and smarter. i hope you realise that that will be pretty hard. not impossible, but pretty hard.

let us know if you found something interesting.

rembrandt_q_einstein
11-26-2007, 02:48 AM
thank you for at least some feedback. thats all i was really after.

im just saying, at some point, you do have to move forward

rembrandt_q_einstein
11-26-2007, 08:33 AM
well good then

CrazyDiamond1985
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Unless you are every possible thing a person can be at once, and unless you're experiencing every single thought you can possibly think at once, you haven't gotten rid of your shadow.

i don't understand everything, but i do think they want us to face our shadow, our deepest thoughts/fears, understand who we truly are.

i don't think getting rid of it is really the point...

CrazyDiamond1985
11-26-2007, 04:48 PM
getting rid of all your fears is probably a good way to start.

A nice quote that helps me is this one from Bill Hicks:

The world is like a ride in an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and around and around and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud. And it's fun - for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question; is this real? Or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because... this is just a ride."

I still have some fears to conquer, but one day, I will be ready to face my shadow and embrace it.

Oneeye
12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Unless you are every possible thing a person can be at once, and unless you're experiencing every single thought you can possibly think at once, you haven't gotten rid of your shadow.

Well said my friend, well said. Unless you truly become free you shall always carry your shadow. There is nothing wrong with that either. It is almost impossible to lose your shadow. The goal would thus not to be to eliminate it, but rather dig through, *modify* it. Become something better from it. The shadow is a necessary part of being human unless you want to reach true enlightenment in which there is no shadow, and there is no you. There just *is*

It also depends on how you're defining your shadow or what you think your shadow represents. In the realm of Buddhist thought it would be akin to completely losing your attacthment, both mental and physical. To lose, no rather ERASE fear, greed, pain, suffering, jealousy. Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.Happiness does not come from having much, but from being attached to little.Anicca(pronounce as "anatesa"): That all things are impermanent. Anatta: That the perception of a constant "self" is an illusion...!

Oneeye
12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
good post, oneeye.

I was only adding to your wisdom sir.

Oneeye
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm starting to feel warm and fuzzy in here...wtf?

Warm and fuzzy? Are the mushrooms kicking in?

Angel on the Sideline
12-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Damn, Oneeye has been reading Siddhartha! (good on ya, mate ... great book).

Oneeye is right.

Rembrandt, you'll never lose your shadow, but what you've done (and we all are attempting tot do) is lessen its ability to control you. Aenima is a cleansing of the soul. Cleanse your soul in whatever way you see fit - education, spirituality, kindness to others, overcoming your fears/addictions, etc. - and then, as you said, move forward.

The next step is simple: love. Love yourself, love others, be good to yourself, be good to others. Continually seek knowledge and realize that you are and will always be ignorant in the overall scheme of things. The smartest people in history weren't afraid to profess their ignorance. No one person can ever attain a level of omniscience. But that shouldn't keep us from seeking to acquire more knowledge about anything and everything - literature, history, music, economics, mathematics, biology, etc. etc.

The next step is to evolve as a person. To be the person we were all meant to be from day one: kind, tolerant, respectful of varied and often opposing worldviews, able to let go of grudges that weigh us down, able to control our weaknesses, etc. It's not about an organized religion, it's about making yourself a temple, defining a set of beliefs for yourself and, above all, being kind and sacrificing the ego ... realizing you are a part of something greater and that nature has always been and will always be more powerful than man.

Inner_Eulogy
12-14-2007, 05:55 AM

Oneeye is right.

Rembrandt, you'll never lose your shadow, but what you've done (and we all are attempting tot do) is lessen its ability to control you. Aenima is a cleansing of the soul. Cleanse your soul in whatever way you see fit - education, spirituality, kindness to others, overcoming your fears/addictions, etc. - and then, as you said, move forward.

The next step is simple: love. Love yourself, love others, be good to yourself, be good to others. Continually seek knowledge and realize that you are and will always be ignorant in the overall scheme of things. The smartest people in history weren't afraid to profess their ignorance. No one person can ever attain a level of omniscience. But that shouldn't keep us from seeking to acquire more knowledge about anything and everything - literature, history, music, economics, mathematics, biology, etc. etc.

The next step is to evolve as a person. To be the person we were all meant to be from day one: kind, tolerant, respectful of varied and often opposing worldviews, able to let go of grudges that weigh us down, able to control our weaknesses, etc. It's not about an organized religion, it's about making yourself a temple, defining a set of beliefs for yourself and, above all, being kind and sacrificing the ego ... realizing you are a part of something greater and that nature has always been and will always be more powerful than man.

Sounds good to me.

spooky
12-14-2007, 08:00 AM
The 13th one.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM

Oneeye is right.

Very well put my friend..I agree with this as well. I just wish people would actually TRY to incorporate the meaning of the song into their everyday lives.

Inner_Eulogy
12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I wish I could incorporate something nice to say in my everyday life....hmm, nah...I have too much fun pointing out the idiosyncracies in people.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
I cant wait for you to say something nice about me Inner...I mean Sorry for the BULLSHIT threads I posted yesterday..I was only trying to help.

On second thought..I was only trying to help you master....THERE I SAID IT!!!

Dont hurt alot of feelings today. We ALL need your love in these forums.

Go easy on me...:) Have a good day man.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Thats all I can ask man..I have to prove myself over time to let people in here know that I am SOMEWHAT capable of having an intelligent conversation. Im NOT as intelligent as most people in here and I understand that. I also know that I dont break down Tool songs stanza by stanza, but I guess that will come with time. Tool confuses me most of the time but that is why I love them so much. They keep me on my toes.

Ive realized that I have to read some books about the referenced material to at least sound intelligent on Tool's mysterious ways.

I dont wanna get flamed by Inner_Eulogy for my idiotic thoughts/posts so Im gonna start reading...haha just kidding. I_E is the man.

Rivek, thanks. It helps me mentally to know that at least someone in here cares about my posts and notices that I try. --"KEY WORD"...T...R...Y.

Peace ladies and gentlemen.

Inner_Eulogy
12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Thats all I can ask man..I have to prove myself over time to let people in here know that I am SOMEWHAT capable of having an intelligent conversation. Im NOT as intelligent as most people in here and I understand that. I also know that I dont break down Tool songs stanza by stanza, but I guess that will come with time. .

You can always copy and paste mine and be my little light reflector. =-)

rembrandt_q_einstein
12-16-2007, 07:10 AM
this makes me feel better

keep watchin the skis

i mean skies

Tool_Is_Sick
12-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Rivek, Your one messed up individual for editing something so god damn absurd. What the hell were you thinking saying that Inner_Eulogy is my personal anus licker? Seriously man..I like I_E but I wouldnt go that far.

JUST KIDDING! Hey Inner_Eulogy..No hard feelings right? We cool man??

Always Remember, I'm your little light reflector and We are the unholy trinity here in the albums section. Have a good day ladies.

Inner_Eulogy
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
For the record you two fucktwats, I'm not into anal anything. ;-)

Inner_Eulogy
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
That winky face makes me believe otherwise... :P

lol, fuck you cum bubble

guitarguru85
12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
I have seriously grown to love the arguments that you guys post on this site. I hate reality TV, but this is basically the best show I have ever seen.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-18-2007, 04:11 PM
So we are twats now? Geeze your so mean dude. I though we was kool brother. haha

Cum bubble. Ive seen you say this before and everything i see it..I just laugh. Your crazy man.

Inner..Have you seen the vicarious video yet? I know this is the 46 and 2 thread but i was just curious. I love that video. Its awesome and very trippy.